Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this forum looks rather dead currently and RallyMoto seems to be somewhat in its infancy but I was wondering if any of you guys who have run some events can chime in on the terrain and approaches for riding it.

I know the theories of steer right to go left and use the throttle but I always tend to wuss out for fear of losing my front tire.

Do you attack the whole stage if you can while standing or do you sit when sliding corners mostly unless you have to stand?

Do you run DOT knobbies most the time or anyone tried running dirt track tires (guess they might not be DOT approved tho)

·
Hack Racer
35 Posts
I know this forum looks rather dead currently and RallyMoto seems to be somewhat in its infancy but I was wondering if any of you guys who have run some events can chime in on the terrain and approaches for riding it.

I know the theories of steer right to go left and use the throttle but I always tend to wuss out for fear of losing my front tire.

Do you attack the whole stage if you can while standing or do you sit when sliding corners mostly unless you have to stand?

Do you run DOT knobbies most the time or anyone tried running dirt track tires (guess they might not be DOT approved tho)
Take an American Supercamp class. Danny will teach you the techniques necessary to run fast on loose surfaces.

Most of the fast motorcycles on the Pike's Peak hill climb run dirt track tires. But it depends on the rally - for example. you'd want good knobbies for the Sandblast Rally.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Riding schools will not hurt. Otherwise you just need to get out and ride. I run aggressive knobs in the dirt events. It takes me a stage or two to work out the nerves and adrenalin and get into a rhythm and have fun. Keep in mind that you will ride totally differently in attack race mode then you will in fun laid back trail ride mode. I am a lot more comfortable with the bike feeling loose during a race then I might during a general trail ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the good news is that I think there are so few riders participating right now that if I just showed up and finished for a couple events at my own pace that would get me valuable experience and possibly even championship points.

Off on a tangent from this particular thread but do I need a special license for Rallymoto? I've seen the rules appendix and tech sheet but am not clear on my own eligibility as a rider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.