Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have space in a Ford escape if anyone needs a ride from the Detroit Airport. I get the car at 4:30pm on Thursday. I hope it won't take 5 hours to get to Gaylord. I would enjoy the company for a couple hours. I just watched the MONTE last night, So I'm fired up for this event. My first Sno-Drift, I can't wait. What are the transit roads going to look like? Wish I saw Plsek on that entry list.

Chris
GoFastPhoto.com

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well we are getting in at 4:30pm as well in Detroit....what airlines are you taking? We already have a car reservation, but maybe we can follow each other and see who can bumped the other out of the way..hahahaha

I heard the expressways are clear and the secondary roads are bit of a problem...but should be cleared today. The weather for Thursday is to be clear, but snow showers on Friday and Saturday. Today, they are getting six more inches up in the Gaylord area. A little bit slippery but hardly any ice. Only where it melts it might be a slight problem as per quoted by Best Western Alpine Lodge.

Denise McMahon

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
You folks should have no problem. The only issue with north/south expressways on the way will be any blowing snow above Flint area.

Should be smooth sailing, as we aren't to get any significant snow around the SE MI area until Sunday now.

:)

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Take I-75 exit 202 from Alger. Route 33 64 miles to Route 32. West six miles to Atlanta. The road should be fine all the way.

Kent Gardam

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
Yeah, out here in the hinterlands of middle America they have just recently introduced a new development called "asphalt" It seems they are putting it down on top of all of our "corduroy" log roads and they are now much nicer to drive on. You left coaster's should have let us know about this stuff years ago. :7

Kent Gardam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts