Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPECIAL FACTS:
Reigning champion drivers to appear include Patrick Richard from Canada, David Higgins who is Group N British champion and also outright SCCA champion in the USA (Competing in the Rally Great Britain this weekend).

Can we claim these as our own?

Go Boys!

Mike

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't forget that Mark Higgins and Brian thomas will be in the 4th Ford entry, a 2002 Focus WRC car!
Bob Campbell
[email protected]
BCR Rallysport
Colorado Springs, CO

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is absolutely Fantastic that we have Three top drivers from the North American Rally Community competing in a World Rally event. (Did I miss anyone else?)

This is particularly prestigious because of the limited entries (WRC events capped at 90).

AND -- I don't think just a few short years ago we would have been able to imagine having a few drivers competing in North America who were capable of competing on an International level.

Despite the Growing Pains, there is a lot to be said about the elevation in status and ability that the Manufacturers and Foreign Drivers have brought to our shores.

I wish these drivers the Best of Luck!

Mike

·
Registered
583 Posts
>(Competing in the Rally Great Britain this weekend).
>Can we claim these as our own?

Mike,

Canada (and to some extent the USA) can certainly claim Pat Richard as one of it's own. He cut his rally teeth in CARS and SCCA. Way to go Pat!

But the Higgin's? NO. They are first rate. But didn't learn their craft here and don't call North America home. Claiming them for North America is WAY too much of a stretch.

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts