Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Richard Burns' unfortunate situation ( I wish him all the best-something had to be up to pass out), and therefore being out 2004 season, any word on his replacment? This may open the door for Colin McCrea or?

·
Registered
44 Posts
that is what I was thinking. although, given the circumstances, it does no seem as important anymore. I wish richard the best and hope things come out ok.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Subaru is holding off on any such decision for a bit. Why?

1. Out of respect to Richard;and
2. Seeing what Ford does. If Ford goes Markko Martin will be Petter's teammate. If they continue, Colin would be a good choice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
alistair may actually be the better choice. although I thought I read somewhere that colin was always their number one choice.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
Colin *may* be out for the first event, but if they want him they'll just put in a filler for one event.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Subaru will sign the best driver they can get. "Brat" doesn't enter into the equation. Colin would be a good choice, and talking Tommi into giving it one more year wouldn't be a bad move.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, I really dont see colin just hopping out his nissan after 3 weeks of racing and then jumping straight into the impreza. I mean thats like running a marathon taking a five minute break and then running the mile. I am sure these guys are in good shape but that would be pretty crazy. Also, there is not much time before dakar, so he will surely be focusing on getting used to the nissan which would leave no time to test with the impreza.

·
Registered
452 Posts
>Subaru will sign the best driver they can get. "Brat"
>doesn't enter into the equation. Colin would be a good
>choice, and talking Tommi into giving it one more year
>wouldn't be a bad move.

I didnt say "brat"
I said "P R A T" (<--which he is)

anyway, Subaru will do what's best for Subaru
i'm sure they'll find a top quality driver.
Jamie
www.subiegalracing.com
www.subiegal.com

·
CR>R5 into L3- 100 Finish
626 Posts
As far as I know Tommi is still going to run the Monte for 2004, then it's pretty much open.

Whiplash RallyeSport

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Now we see that Harri Rovanpera is available. He'd be a bit of a project, but he definitely has the talent hiding in him somewhere.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
>
>I didnt say "brat"
>I said "P R A T" (<--which he is)
>
Oops! They say the memory is the first thing to go. In my case, it's the eyes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts