Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading on autoklub.pl, a Polish rally website, that the FIA is on the verge of implementing new homologation regulations for the 2007 WRC. Apparently, the classes will be divided according to engine displacement . R1 will be for showroom stock 1400 cc cars, R2 will be for 1600 cars with minimal modifications, R3 for 2 liters cars (apparently this class would allow for engine and transmission mods). R4, designed for cars with an engine displacement of over 2 liters would allow for the most liberal modifications.

Furthermore, it was noted that the current N4 class would be combined with Super2000, while the Super1600 class would be detuned to a rev limit of 8500 rpm.

Does this in fact mean the end of the World Rally Cars? What about N4? How could they integrate N4 with Super2000? I'm also curious to get some opinions about this all means to the consumer who wants to associate with these cars?

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Simon

·
Registered
58 Posts
Would this be so bad ? I mean a class for cars bigger then 2 liters wouldnt it be a step back to group b.

Correct me if Im wrong, IM kind of consued.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That's normally aspirated 2000 cc's. No, group B power levels could not be attained. Think F2 car with awd-probably an optimized 260 to 290 horse on gasoline with Honda-like torque. Hopefully they'll bring the minimum weight down from 2700 to 2500 or less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts