Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey Jean-Georges, what happened to Seamus -- do you know?

It's not clear from the results: Seamus has no split for SS9 -- but appears to have finished, dropping from 1st OA to 18th? -- and then disappers from the overall results entirely after SS10? I'm confused because I saw him on both SS9 and SS10, and he was setting the pace.

Great to see you yesterday -- Isaac

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about the drivers who were injured? How are they doing? I ended up leaving early and didn't hear much, especially about the later incident.

-Austin Cate

·
600 /CR !!! R2>
450 Posts
You and Isaac were at the same spectator area on SS6, surprised you didn't see each other...I saw your car but didn't see you.

We withdrew before SS5, I saw you still managed to get 3 photos of our Subaru (debuted with its new blue and orange paint job.) I'll be ordering at least one print...

--
JP Rowland jeremyrowland -at- mac.com
Co-driver, Wazoo Racing Subaru WRX, PGT
Visit my boring web page: http://homepage.mac.com/jeremyrowland

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts
>You and Isaac were at the same spectator area on SS6,
>surprised you didn't see each other...I saw your car but
>didn't see you.

I was down the stage from the spectator area on SS5 (SS6 got scrubbed). I came up in the spectator area for SS9. There were a ton of people there! All were vocal too.....good atmosphere.

Pete

·
Registered
64 Posts
>Hey Jean-Georges, what happened to Seamus -- do you know?

Broken gearbox - probably a result of the tarmac stages.

Originally thought to be a rear diff, then a center diff, but even if one of those broke, the car would still be able to drive with fwd (BTDT).

·
Registered
34 Posts
>Has anyone heard anything about the drivers who were injured?

I wasn't at the rally but can report on the crew of the green Saab (#892) since I'm partners in the car. James Fox is recovering at the Westchester County Medical Center where he was airlifted from the rally. His left ankle is broken and he has various bumps and bruises but is otherwise well. Codriver Charles Paulsen suffered bumps and bruises as well but was able to get home to Pennsylvania on his own.

.ethan

Boston, MA
www.saabworks.com
www.carwreck.com

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that James is doing ok. All I had been told was that he was airlifted. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

Austin

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>rear diff locked solid with less than a mile to go on the
>stage.
>per Murray

Actually it was the center diff. The cross that holds the spider gears in place broke and sent shrapnel through the rest of the transmission. There is a big hole in the side of the case. I checked it out when we dropped our car off at TAD last night, and it wasn't pretty. They were hard at work on it when I left, and pending the arrival of a new diff the car should be rolling again tomorrow.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

1 - 14 of 14 Posts