·
Vote Libertarian next time!
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rest in peace Richie

My brother Ricky called me this morning and told me the sad news that Richie pass away.
We know Richie and Howard in our early days of rallying, great guys and they are the one who inspired us to build and race Toyota Corolla's, including Topi of course, they are such fun guys to socialize and have fun with, Richie is a soft spoken and humble person. We will surely miss him. Richie - may you rest in peace and god speed!!!!
To the Watanabe Family, our condolence and deepest sympathy, our prayers are with you.

Tony & Ricky Dela Cuesta

·
150 K Right 4 Into Truck Dust
1,042 Posts
I first met Richie and Howard back in 1986 at the East of Indio Rally, they are good people.
God Speed Richie, you will be missed.

Bill Holmes
Truck #44

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Earlier this morning Richie Watanabe succumbed to pancreatic cancer after a valiant 11 month battle. Godspeed Richie. Heartfelt condolences to Howard and the Watanabe Family. Following is a wonderful tribute to Richie...

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/articletype/articleview/articleid/1618/goodbye-richey.aspx
John ..thank you for telling us. Pat knew Richie and his brother Howard. May he rest in peace now...do tell us where we can send flowers or a donation.

Denise McMahon

·
your other left, you idiot
3,908 Posts
Richey and Howard were always friendly and competitive fellow rallyists.

One of my first introductions to TRD.

We'll miss you buddy.

press on,

·
Registered
61 Posts
I remember when they first came over: Not much English but lots of rpm's !!!
Don Lindfors and I used to scream SHIFT !!! SHIFT !!! as they came by. We figured it was a language barrier thing. Either that or redline was just an afterthought...

·
Vote Libertarian next time!
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know it is super short notice, but the information was just relayed to me at 6am this morning! Hope some can make it.
Services will be held Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:00 a.m. at Zenshuji Soto Mission, 123 S. Hewitt St., Los Angeles, CA

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just saw this. Godspeed my friend.
You were one of the few people I ever rode in a Rally Car with, and the people that know me know that says a lot. Most precise driving style I ever witnessed. You will be missed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.