Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Achievement Unlocked!
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slice them into 2 payments please...

Example:
Make your first RA event $50 ($100 total for driver / co-driver)
Make your second RA event $50 ($100 total for driver / co-driver)
Third event - FREE! :D (as you paid for your license)
If you want to join the nationals it's $50 (Just for points - not for the opportunity to run a 3 day rally...)

Now - organizers may not do this anymore. I seem to remember MFPR being split up into a 1(or 2) day club rally and a 3 day pro rally. So if I wanted to do all three days at Maine (I realize the 3 day entry fee would be more) - I'd also have to cough up $300 for myself and my co-driver to do a regional "national" event.

Some may say - "Oh my sheesh it's JUST $200."
I say - "Spread the payments out - we're on a budget here."
In Dodge Neon money = $200 could buy me: A set of rims, or 2 rally tires, or a tranny, or a strut, or half a used motor, or two doors, or front windshield, etc. etc.

What happened to us last year:
In our region we have 3 'close' RA events & 4 'close' NASA events.
We considered running Treeline at $425. Then you add $200 for the licenses and now that's $625. The only way to get your 'monies worth' is to run 2 or 3 RA events. It's GREAT that I have the ability to do that - but some may not. We only had the budget for 2 rallies last year. In this case, why would I do 1 RA event and 1 NASA event??

With NASA we paid $80 (driver and co-driver) for our first event at Gorman Ridge, then paid $100 more in Prescott. A lot easier for us and it supported the decision to run NASA events last year. (We volunteered to help at Treeline instead!)

That's it... Payments :)
Think about the guys that have 3 RA events and 1 NASA event local to them. How about the guys that have 3 NASA events and 1 RA event local to them? On a regional (local) rally - $80 is always better then $200.

Anyone else in this situation?

This topic is NOT for discussion of - which event is better, which organization is better, etc.
"Is it good for the sport?"

Thanks!
- Kris

http://rallynotes.com
"Rally with the people!"

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree with your thoughts

We ran regional RA last year.

The change this year in regards to Dual entry put us in a bind.

Do we pay it and hope for the best or pay regional and maybe wish we were national.

A payment plan would be a neat. It would allow a process to soften the hard edge between being a wantabe and a active racer.

Mike

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Kris, I'm guessing here, but maybe if you only pay half the fee, you're not fully covered by the insurance. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can't see me in your mirrors?
I must be in front of you!

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
>Kris, I'm guessing here, but maybe if you only pay half the
>fee, you're not fully covered by the insurance. Correct me if
>I'm wrong.
>
>Can't see me in your mirrors?
>I must be in front of you!
Based on the insurance certificate we received from RA for the Rallye de Paris, I do not think that is the case. Unlike SCCA which based insurance coverage on membership, RA and NASA are not membership organizations.
Richard

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well I haven't co-driven for more than a year and have recently been asked to co-drive in Oregon in the National event. To me, $200 to run one event seems very steep, especially since I don't really have the time to do more than that this year. $100 would be a lot more reasonable.

I think I'll pass. What a shame.

Neil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts