Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
I disagree.

First, I am a co-driver on no-budget teams and I want to get recce and pace note experience and am willing and able to take the time off to do the recce. However, a $1000 fee pretty much guarantees that I will only get recce experience at USAC and select Canadian rallies.

Second, at the end of a very busy first season, Ross Foster and I did Ramada Express and did our own notes. While we had lots of teethy problems (heck, we only had four miles experience on stage notes before that), I saw that it had lots of potential and it is the way that I would prefer to do rallies.

Last year, Ramada did their recce as a one-pass parade (30-second start intervals). Not the best scenario, but better than nothing.

alan

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
>Recce is not free form! You cannot exceed a certain speed,
>you cannot drive backwards up a stage. There are times set
>to recce specific stages/legs and you can only do the recce
>then. Control cards are used for each team. Two passes max
>each stage.

Not all recce is the same. At Ramada, the recce vehicles (we did it in a rental Chevy Cavalier - poor car) queue up and sent out approximately 30 seconds apart. Sometimes it became a parade, sometimes we had the road to ourselves. There were two days of recce, a day spent on each leg. Show up at the start time for the day and get one pass at each stage.

alan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.