Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am bringing my own "recce" car to TP, anything I should do last minute?

Anything that cost's money is pretty much out of the question.

Is it worth mounting gravel tires on recce car wheels? Are those washouts still on the route that will pop my all seasons?

Should I bring a big cooler? Tow straps and tools and stuff I assume?

Hot jams on the ipod?

·
Dirt surfer
1,367 Posts
all-seasons or snows will probably be better than gravel tires, given long-term weather outlook for Bancroft area. there are a couple of pretty rough stage roads with rocky water crossings, but street cars should be OK if you go easy. these roads get a lot worse after being torn up by several dozen hi-hp dirt diggers for some reason....

other recce car gear you can probly borrow from rally car, but this may mean you have to tech race car after recce instead of having crew do it while you're out on the um, Notes Familirazation Pass.

tow strap and triangles, snow shovel. basic tool kit, maybe one extra spare tire?

food and drink. boots to wear when you have to help push/pull/tow some other guys out of the ditch/mud/snowbank

terratrip or whatever computer if you can rig it easily. this will help mostly on transits more than on stage sections where the organizer notes have very detailed info

skid plates would be nice. if you don't have them, don't try Finnish heroics on recce

axe, handsaw, matches, down sleeping bags, winter tent, crampons, rope, rifle...spare wood stove, hey it's canada and winter, OK?

no need to obsess about recce car prep, just use your noggin and things will be fine.

DG

"...Embrace loose gravel, beware big trees..."

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
Dave:

You forgot the most critical item to bring on the NFP - a roll of toilet paper. :)

Never attend a rally as a competitor, spectator or as a Steward, without this essential item.

Doug Woods

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
>Man, I learned that lesson at Maine this year... The HARD
>way.

Your lucky it was not the SOFT way. ;-)

Doug Woods

1 - 10 of 10 Posts