Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys it's your good old friend RT again. 'Tis time to rebuild a turbo. I have the stock 14b that needs rebuilding cause it leaks fluid ( which scares me on a daily basis ) and it also doesn't seem to boost right. At the drag strip I'm running 16's that = no good.
So that needs to be rebuilt. I also have a fairly new 16g that needs to be rebuilt, only due to the fact that it's dissasembled and I don't know how to balance and put a turbo back together. Any who where should I get the 16g rebuilt. What are good places to do it and what does it cost? If I'm getting one of my two turbos rebuilt it's going to be the 16g. Who's gotten mitsu turbo's rebuilt before? Where do you go?
Thanks for your help guys
Lee

"Suck Squish Bang Blow, the central equation of life"

·
Registered
128 Posts
www.forcedperformance.net

just to reassmble/balance a turbo shouldn't be much more than 200-250 bucks. A full rebuild will cost somewhere between 400-500 bucks.

they do FANTASTIC work and could get you some more hp too with some serious porting "while you're in there."

they are a full service turbo shop...not someone who just sells turbos.

john

·
Registered
6 Posts
or you could just look in the yellowpages under turbochargers, and find someone in your town that does it, it would be alot easier than shipping it somewhere

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried looking under "turbos" no dice. I guess Buffalo NY isn't exactly the turbo capitol of the US.

"Suck Squish Bang Blow, the central equation of life"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts