Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend passed this along to me. He couldn't believe it, either. Would-be rally heroes, here's your chance:

www.rallyracer.com

Some of the breathless copy reads:

"We are casting the HOT new Reality TV show RALLY RACER with a diverse cast of characters. We are looking for you to possibly fill the role of a RACECAR DRIVER." (Caps theirs)

""Millions of TV viewers will watch as 8 men and 8 women compete in the most exciting experience of their lives and where the ultimate price of Fame, Fortune and $1 million awaits ONE lucky winner."

Sahara, training"as a professional Rally GP driver...", "300hp Rally GP car...", blah-blah-blah...

The FAQ's are worth the read, too.

Anyone know anything about this?

Doug Mepham

·
Registered
281 Posts
um.. yeah... stay away... do a search on this forum to see how others have 'faired' with this scheme...

YES, i DID say scheme, as in money making, sponging off of rally, get rich quick (them not you) SCHEME... BUT, that is just MY OPINION... :)

sorry, went off a bit... kinda tired right now...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
They have been pushing that for a long time now. What is fishy is that they have not (as far as I have heard) come to any of the rallies to poke around or approached any of the manufacturers (again, as far as I have heard) But that is a really fancy website that had to cost a lot of money to produce, so there is a chance that it is legit

·
Registered
281 Posts
ahhh... :) I have spoken with someone directly involved with this group, and they had 'concerns' a while back... for all involved I will leave it at that... but _I_ wouldn't give them any more money... personally... :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Why I have concerns that this isn't more than a 'fly by night' operation is that game & reality shows don't charge you to apply as a contestant. Any legitimate production company has enough resources that they wouldn't need to charge you.

Bill

·
Registered
100 Posts
I found the faq to be very interesting, especially this part:

Q: What is Rally GP??
A: Rally GP? is a hybrid form of auto racing designed especially for the show Rally Racer?. It combines the use of Rally cars and places them on closed course road courses with various road surfaces including; gravel, dirt, sand, pavement and, in future television seasons, snow. The drivers compete alone without the use of navigators in the rally cars and in races consisting of sixteen teams. There are four stages consisting of several laps per stage that are separated by three mandatory pit stops lasting several minutes. Two conferences consisting of eight race teams each compete against each other. Only five teams from each conference will qualify to compete in the Rally Racer Cup Royale?, the final championship race. These are just a few of the unique features of Rally GP?. Many other details will be disclosed later before the show.

Also:

Q: Does Rally GP? race side-by-side or timed sequence one-by-one?

A: Rally GP? is run side-by-side with a standing staggered start like Formula One.

Doesn't sound too much like rally to me, unless it's rally video games! :)

Interesting, but I can't honestly see something like this get off the ground. :)

KT

·
Registered
28 Posts
In something like 2 or 3 years that this has been on the web, as pointed out, nothing further has happened......but, they're still willing to take yer money.

Er, um, uh, re: the web site......I'm a little skeptical of some enterprises claiming to be set back "due to the extensive delays endured by the entertainment industry since Sept 11, 2001."

Maybe those excited applicants quoted on the web site could provide info on their experience so far.

Try to find out anything about the production company, too.

Hohum...
andy

> Many other details will
>be disclosed later before the show.
>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts