Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to get in touch with Justin Pritchard / Bryan Cohn. They've entered the Salem MO rallies with an H Class Austin (nonBMW) Mini, carrying a CenDiv number. I don't recall the names....can somebody help me here? A rallying Mini....Cool! And there is another one out there being built as I write...

Thanks.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>I'd like to get in touch with Justin Pritchard / Bryan Cohn.
> They've entered the Salem MO rallies with an H Class Austin
>(nonBMW) Mini, carrying a CenDiv number. I don't recall the
>names....can somebody help me here? A rallying
>Mini....Cool! And there is another one out there being
>built as I write...
>
>Thanks.

Since Bryan (St. Louis Region RE at the time) overheard the rally chat Doug Robinson and I were having on the shuttle to Denver International a year ago I wound up renting the Son of RallyeTruck to Justin Pritchard (the 1996 Formula Continental and, now, defending Formula Ford Valvoline RunOffs Champ) and Bryan Cohn (the new second-in-command of SCCA Road Racing) for their first-ever stage rally - the 2002 Rally in the 100 Acre Wood. Here's Pritchard flogging the truck through a Pooh corner:

http://www.realautosport.com/pics/Beetle/100AW-02/P2230122.jpg

Justin has told me that since he's originally from the UK he grew up watching rally cars, fortunately, the SORT drive did nothing to dampen his enthusiasm for the sport on these shores! :eek: He finished 100AW, bought a Rally Mini in his homeland, had it shipped over and teamed again with Bryan to debut it in Paris, Texas last month.

http://www.realautosport.com/RdP-2002/SLMiniA1.jpg
(Scott Leonard pic)

Unfortunately, there aren't many action shots of it there since it melted a piston part way into RdP's SS1. It was loaded on the trailer and headed back to Ohio long before the rest of the entrants reached the hot dog break.

Justin seems certain it'll be back in fine fettle in time for next month's Missouri ClubRally event and I'm tickled to have such highly regarded, yet humble, amateur road racers joining our rally family!

Halley ...
Owner/Driver ProRally #86 - world's first New Beetle Rally Car
RealAutoSport, LLC
http://www.realautosport.com

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Tom Davies of Fort Woth has competed in a Mini in the La Carrea Panamerican. Check out the texasrally.org site and see if there are pictures of it posted. Tom came up to Paris for the Park Expose'. I did not see him and it was only after I saw the photos that I realized he had been there.
Richard Miller

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think we can get him and his car to run at 100AW?

I'd really like to put on a good H Class show at Salem. Several of the stalwarts aren't going to make it for various reasons.

Any others out there with vintage rally cars interested in running H Class? (talk to me about exceptions to the age limit for this rally...I've already asked Kim and will be submitting a proposal to PRB for a sanctioned exemption for this event)... If your vintage car is 2wd and carburetted, and you're interested, email me or respond here...

·
Registered
289 Posts
No age limit? (was Real Rally Mini)

Hmmm...if I worked non-stop and didn't sleep for the next three weeks, I could have the Colt ready. No age limit---not even on drivers? ;)

George Beckerman

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Mini is a 1966 Mk1 Austin Cooper S 1275 built specifically for the La Carrera Panamericana "Mexican Road Race" rally.

It is a scream with around 125 BHP and did very well for its first time out, with no testing time in the 2002 Rally.

Check out our web site at www.carreramini.com. I would love to do some of the off-road rallies but would not want to tear up my current car which is set up for the LCP and paved roads.

Regards, Tom Davies

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RE: No age limit? (was Real Rally Mini)

One wag suggested we use a combined age formula for H Class....something like Driver's Age + Car's Age must be greater than 75, or something like that.

What year is the Colt? Can it be ready?

·
Registered
117 Posts

>One wag suggested we use a combined age formula for H
>Class....something like Driver's Age + Car's Age must be
>greater than 75, or something like that.

I don't like that idea one bit! ;)

I'd have to wait 10 years.

Will MacDonald
1968 Volvo 144

·
Registered
289 Posts

The Colt is a '77. It's too new. As for the driver...not new, maybe too old. ;)

Finishing the Colt in time would take some sort of miracle. (I think those are reserved for more important situations.) Anyway, I told Kim I'd work again this year.

How about making a Post-Historic Class, with some car and technology restrictions, official? Who knows what that might bring out of people's garages.

The Gravelgeezer

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

PostHistoric.... right now we're just trying to get an Historic Class off the ground that can eventually meld/be consistent with at least some of the European vintage stage rally rules. If indeed we can get a somewhat expanded H Class up and running and there is sufficient interest in some sort of international linkage, a PostHistoric might happen. Email me if you want more specifics.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The rally mini looks like our 1994 mini cooper? It has sports pack archs and side marker lights, not seen until later minis. Perhaps around the mid 80's.. Can someone please give me a date for that mini? Many Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts