Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know if this was exactly a news flash or not, but Ramana and Isabel Parra were featured on The Fine Living network show What you get for the money.[link:www.fineliving.com/fine/what_you_get_for_the_money/episode/0,1663,FINE_18297_33807,00.html|episode guide]
It re-airs Dec 7 @ 10:30p and Dec [email protected] 1:30a & 10:30a times are EST.

~Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I watch that show all the time, I just flipped to it and thought that guy looks alot like Ramana. He and Isabel (Girlfriend or wife I am not sure) and their really cool looking condo are featured.

~Chris

·
Registered
472 Posts
yup thats right matt he only did one event and thats all that he was gonna do for that year then i heard that they were gonna have him d more this year but when they pulled out that was it he was out of a job

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can't beleive they are still airing that episode! At least my embarrassment will be limited to the few people who actually get that channel...

Yeah, things didn't really go as planned this year. We were supposed to do Rally GB last year, but SOA thought it would be more beneficial to do Mexico this year instead. That was a shame because we did the Rally GB recce in '02 in preparation to compete in '03. Obviously, when SOA dropped the team last December, the Rally Mexico plan went with it.

SOA did support me this year, but unfortunatly things didn't really go as planned and we really only had the budget to do a couple of events. Over the summer I bought a 125cc kart and did some racing for fun, but that has been about all as far as driving is concerned.

I'm looking at options for next year, and like everyone, I'm in anxious anticipation of Rally America taking things over and really building our sport.

Ramana

·
Straight @ "T"
188 Posts
RL,
While NHIS is a lot of fun and you will attain high speeds, I betcha' that F1 outdoors is better for your reflexes. Not much time between corners!
Here is a picture of me in my laydown enduro kart exiting turn 6 at NHIS. Top speed there with 17 hp was 90 mph entering turn 1A. (About 105 at the end of the straight at Summmit Point). The kart turned in faster lap times than my ITA 16v GTI.
Hope to see you in the dirt again!
JimB

}> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }> }>

http://www.gis.net/~blumen/Jbkart.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts