Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
From talking with my dad on the phone bad weather had hit the area for leg ones stages. They had snow, ice, rain and mud all in one day. Because of the adverse weather some of the service crews got stuck and had to be helped out. They have been having problems with the satellite dish and are unable to post updates like they had wanted. So all in all a typical rally. I will put in a call tonight and try to get some info on what has been going on.

Rallyon

·
Registered
150 Posts
OK everybody I have gotten an update from the event. Day 2 internet is still down and as of 9:00pm they are almost able to connect. So the info should start flowing soon. The teams were greeted with more snow and mud on day two stages. The mud made it very tricky to say the least. Tires were puncturing because of the cars sliding off the roads and on to sharp rocks. The Japanese team of Akaba/Akaba have crashed after missing a 5 left broke hard and barrel rolled off the road. Driver and co-driver sustained minor injuries and were air-lifted to Las Vegas for medical treatment. The team is ok. The teams are really having an adveture out there, as always. The Adventure Rally has been given another thumbs up by its participants and everyone is looking forward to tomorrows super stage.

*This information was gathered from a five minute conversation with the rallys press officer. It may not be 100% accurate. Do not qoute anything written hear. A press release will be posted shortly.

Rallyon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts