Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick note, with more to follow later.

Thanks to the Ramada Express team, including Donna and Ray H, Mike and Paula G, Roger and Lynette A, Jay D, Steve M, John and MaryAnne S, Keith L and Jim G and Pete S, competitors-turned-workers Roger H, Kay B, and Ken K, and the many, many other volunteers who made this event possible, most of whose names I've neglected to mention here.

Thanks to John B for your announcing skills and equipment, and the Ramada Express for the $18 rooms and wonderful hospitality. Thanks to Dave W, John L,and Tom B for your stewardship.

Thanks to the Hualapai Nation and Mojave County AZ for the awesome roads and warm welcome.

Thanks to John, Matt and bonus Fling Pu crewmember Chad for wrenching on the car, and Vic for providing a solid, reliable car on such short notice. Thanks to Harris for setting up Blake with the video technology, and Mike for helping keep it all straight. Thanks to Leon for his counsel to Blake.

A special thanks to Blake for the confidence to put me in the car again after our Prescott outing, for carpooling, and for the exciting times on stage. Sorry about the cussing....

Rally on!

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Nerd with a clock & clipboard
252 Posts
>the exciting times on stage. Sorry about the cussing....
>
John Dillon cussing?!?!?
Say it aint so!
Is there any in-car of that?
:+

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>John Dillon cussing?!?!?
>Say it aint so!
>Is there any in-car of that?

I confess, I said "dammit" once on the way down Diamond Creek. (We got caught in heavy dust.) x(

The on-board camera was running but I haven't seen the footage yet--Ray and Harris have the tapes.

John

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
>>John Dillon cussing?!?!?
>>Say it aint so!
>>Is there any in-car of that?
>
>I confess, I said "dammit" once on the way down Diamond Creek.
>(We got caught in heavy dust.) x(

I don't think there was anyone who would have minded all the dust beeing sent straight to hell this weekend (well... the devil may not have liked it, but he is an odd fellow- so you never know)

I think damning the dust was quite appropreate, even if ineffective...

I think we probably used come 'colorful' language when referring to the dust as well. Better watch the incar witout the kids the first time through.

Matt Lovell
http://www.4seventeen.com/images/4seventeen2.gif
www.4seventeen.com

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I think this will be the first time I will have to put subtitles on the incar footage. It was fun simultaneously translating the notes from numeric English to descriptive Turkish. It seemed to work better that way, first day we tried English numerics and we were not happy.

I managed to remember to turn on the cam before each and every stage.

I'll have to find some time and motivation to transfer them to DVD now. Blehhhhh.

I am still cleaning dust from everything and everywhere, I have never had dust get in the grooves of my ring before. It was so dusty...Well...It made Dillon curse. That dusty.

Cheers
M.Samli

·
pressing on tirelessly
2,225 Posts
I'm pretty sure I expressed something along the lines of "dammit" at the Diamond Creek dust at some point. I don't think it was that exact word though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts