Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night after the Ridgecrest Rally School (70 or 80 outstanding students, methinks), Ray showed the Green Light video production of the 2004 Ramada Express International Rally.

It was just what we've come to expect from great coverage: a nice blend of action shots, in-car shots, and talking heads; a nice blend of class leaders, overall leaders, and others; enough establishing shots to give you a sense of the event, but not so many that you feel cheated out of real action; and Chris & Chrissie's dramatic Stage 1 climax.

I understand they have one more minor edit cycle to complete before it'll be available but from what I've seen so far, everyone will want this in their personal video collection.

Rally on!

John

·
Registered
374 Posts
What I want to know was how much did you pay for all of that air-time you and Craig got! I mean seriously... It was the Craig and Cable show as far as 2 wheel drive was comcerned. Sheeeesh.

John is right! Great video!

Jim

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
>What I want to know was how much did you pay for all of that
>air-time you and Craig got! I mean seriously... It was the
>Craig and Cable show as far as 2 wheel drive was comcerned.
>Sheeeesh.
>
>John is right! Great video!

It's my charming smile. Or they dig my unintentional fake British accent used when codriving to assist in the announciation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah Jim it was great coverage don't you think???
It was nice to see coverage deeper into the field (for once) than just Open 4wd and Gp N !!

These Brits know how to cover Rally!

Great Job Roger and Ray. You've vindicated my choice to run USRC series this year.

Craig H.

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking back

It's important to add that I've enjoyed the other productions of U.S. rally footage over the years.

Even though Doug, Arlen, Harris and others have had to work with different constraints than those of the Greenlight team, they've nonetheless managed to pull off something danged near impossible, namely capturing the essence of a remote sport strung out over hundreds of miles with a limited budget and limited sponsor count.

I watched the '96 and '98 Rim broadcasts again a couple of weeks ago. You can clearly see that the technology, funding, and events continue to evolve from those days, but one thing that hasn't changed is the dedication and commitment of the TV producers to put together the best programs they can. It's clear that they share our passion for the sport.

Rally on!

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts