Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RallyTV's initial endeavor went quite well. We managed to get people to some new and exciting places on the course thanks to a couple weekends of film recce all over the county and some film teams who weren't afraid to hike a mile or so in nearly waist deep snow. We tried to get interviews from a very wide cross-section of the sport...heck we TRIED to get EVERYBODY at least once, but my, what a task.

Our film crew and equipment ranged from very professional to amateur but they got many very good, interesting, and creative shots...about 30-some tapes worth to digest.

We certainly had our share of difficulties...mainly equipment probs that arose from the fact that we were using mostly volunteer equipment from all over the US and had little opportunity to do a dry run to test the compatibility of everything.

Anyway, I have spoken to many and want to post it here:

If you have interesting video from your in-car camera, please include it with a note of where said interesting clips are on the tape (the timecodes) and send it to us. Please send your raw media BECAUSE a VHS or other copy will not have the quality we need. (That's a little clearer?)

Please send the tapes to:

Burmeister Rallysport
5670 Bedford St.
Dearborn Heights, MI 48125

WE NEED THEM THIS WEEK!!! Goes to production house very soon.

Also, some additional notes...

-No, this is not the RallyTV that was a reality TV show scam that was fleecing people for a casting fee.

-Yes, I saw SPEED there, too. This is a GREAT thing! I hope the funding has been secured to continue their coverage. Thanks for the tips, Arlen (not breathing fog in front of the camera when its below zero...good one).

-No, I don't know exactly what the format, length, placement, or media type this program will be edited to. Things that will work out in the near future.

-No, I didn't make a dime for my appearance...in fact, if I appeared, it was accidental as we want to hear from you competitors, not some goofy oaf like myself. Nor was anyone else compensated. Just doing it out of love for the sport at this point. Heck, since I wasn't in a car, I might as well be where I can at least smell the race fuel.

Finally, thanks for using the dry erase board to submit your comments. We tried to get to everyone who left a note for a comment on camera. (Sorry Ted and Lise, I think we missed you...got any good in-car?) I think this idea went over pretty good as lots of people stopped to read of peoples problems, thoughts, messages, humor.

Thanks go to Rally-America, Curtis Kitchen, and the Sno*Drift organizing committee for meeting with us and helping with the endeavor. And especially all you goofy camera totin', margarita swillin', tripod destroyin', singinatthetopofyourlungs and kickinmyassatblackjack creative video junkies who got the job done. I had a ton of fun working with you.

·
just another old phart
2,258 Posts
>singinatthetopofyourlungs and kickinmyassatblackjack

I don't care if it rains of freezes
'Long as I got my Plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car.
Through my trials and tribulations
And my travels through the nations
With my Plastic Jesus I'll go far.

Plastic Jesus! Plastic Jesus,
Riding on the dashboard of my car
I'm afraid He'll have to go.
His magnets ruin my radio
And if I have a wreck He'll leave a scar.

I don't care if the night is scary
As long as I got the Virgin Mary
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car.
She don't slip and she don't slide
Cuz her ass is magnetized
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car.

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Just a quick note-

Eric said VHS- we would prefer miniDV or digital 8 format. But, we can make VHS or VHS-C work, just isnt as nice looking. Lurch is 100% correct - we need the footage THIS WEEK, or we cant use it for this episode/release. We *may* still be able to use it for a year-end release tho...

I echo the thanks to all that helped! We should have something by the end of the month, and expect this first one to be DVD release first, from the website http://www.rally-tv.com (still getting that part going too, bear w/us- this aint our day jobs):7

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
For those of you who weren't there, rally TV didn't have a crew, they had an Army! Between them and the regulars it seemed like there was a blue vest with a camera at every turn. This has to be the most well documented rally in US history. I can't wait to see the finished the product.

And yes, I'll send my incar as soon as I get it back from Speed. They promised to fedex it today.

Oh yeah, someone please tell me they got my Colin McRae/WRC spin move on stage 9?????? The incar died and didn't record my coolest moment of the entire rally. Doh!

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.