Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Foolish
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'll admit, this is just talk. There is almost no chance that I'll be moving to the UK but the possibility has intrested me.

Has anyone specifically moved from North America to the UK and started ralyying? What is/was your experience? How did the costs compare? What do you/don't you like?

As I said, this is mostly water cooler talk but would love to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks,

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Chris Wilson (ugly) went the other direction, and raced club level rally at both (and in Dubai) so could give you a good comparison between the two.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I heard that Sam Bryan, who used to drive a very well prepared Group 5 Saab 900 Turbo, moved to the UK in order to compete. I remember trying to find some info on his efforts, but was unable to do so. Apparently he was running either an Opel/Vauxhall car.

I doubt he's still competing, but if anybody has information about Sam's efforts, please advise.

Thanks,
Simon

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have always thought this was actually the best stepping stone to a north american driver in the WRC at the highest level. It has been a formula that has worked for cycling and other motorsports.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
>I have always thought this was actually the best stepping
>stone to a north american driver in the WRC at the highest
>level. It has been a formula that has worked for cycling and
>other motorsports.
>

No one really cares about the British championship.

The best stepping stone to the WRC, is the WRC.

·
Foolish
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The idea is not to drive WRC, I'm to old and in no way good enough. The idea is to have more events with shorter travel times and a chance, just a chance, to recoup some costs with increased sponsorship opportunities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts