Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am going to make the trek to spectate at this weekends rally defi in quebec.

it's about the only round of the canadian championship that i have not been to .

my question is, is it better to take the shuttle buses that they have organized for spectating or is it better to just drive to the stages and walk in???


any feedback appreciated

cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Not really sure but if you're planning on going to Palamino (A1 / A3) you can ONLY get access to it by bus.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

- Nathalie
 

·
1973 WRC POR
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
>my question is, is it better to take the shuttle buses that
>they have organized for spectating or is it better to just
>drive to the stages and walk in???

Jason:

The shuttle bus system is very good. The only downside is that you have to follow the schedule of the buses. Which means if you go to a location that the cars pass two (or three times), then you are there until the end, when the bus will drive you out of the stage.

On Friday night, you have to take the bus into Palomino. I am considering doing this. It will depend on my spectator's recce of this stage on Friday morning. On the other stage, you can drive in and there is lots of parking near the tee left junction in the middle of the stage (this is a very good spectating point).

On Saturday, there are lots of multiple pass locations in the stages. Last year I went to the tee left about two km. from the start of B3/B5. This was a very good location (Pilon rolled there) with easy access by car (to a few hundred metres from the location). This location is good because you can leave after the top cars have gone through the second time.

Doug Woods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input, sounds like maybe bus it on the friday night and car to the stages for saturday.

am staying at the motel st-jovite near mount tremblant on the friday night.
and then we are trying to drive to montreal for saturday night after the rally is over.

i'm leaving my subie at home,
buddy is driving, if you see us, say hello we are the ones in the black 03 mazda protege with ontario plates.

the DV cam's will be rolling, can't wait for some new footage!!!

cheers,

jason
 

·
straight at T
Joined
·
2,472 Posts
>>my question is, is it better to take the shuttle buses that
>>they have organized for spectating or is it better to just
>>drive to the stages and walk in???
>
>Jason:
>
>The shuttle bus system is very good. The only downside is
>that you have to follow the schedule of the buses. Which
>means if you go to a location that the cars pass two (or
>three times), then you are there until the end, when the bus
>will drive you out of the stage.
>
>On Friday night, you have to take the bus into Palomino. I
>am considering doing this. It will depend on my spectator's
>recce of this stage on Friday morning. On the other stage,
>you can drive in and there is lots of parking near the tee
>left junction in the middle of the stage (this is a very
>good spectating point).
>
>On Saturday, there are lots of multiple pass locations in
>the stages. Last year I went to the tee left about two km.
>from the start of B3/B5. This was a very good location
>(Pilon rolled there) with easy access by car (to a few
>hundred metres from the location). This location is good
>because you can leave after the top cars have gone through
>the second time.
>
>Doug Woods

Hmm... maybe I ought to spectate with you, Doug.

Adrian
 

·
1973 WRC POR
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
>Hmm... maybe I ought to spectate with you, Doug.

Adrian:

Sounds good.

Bring your umbrella. We are currently getting the rain here in Quebec that New York city got yesterday from Hurricane Frances.

The recce today should be real messy. However, it looks like dust should not be a problem!.

Doug Woods
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heavy rain fall warning for ste agathe area for today

from: http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?QC-33

Sainte-Agathe: Issued 11:30 AM EDT Thursday 9 September 2004
Heavy rainfall warning in effect.
Today .. Rain at times heavy. Amounts expected 30 mm. Winds east 20 km/h. High 15.
Tonight .. Rain ending overnight. Cloudy later on with 60 percent chance of showers. Amounts expected 15 mm. Winds east 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 12.
Friday .. Clearing. High 22.
Saturday .. Sunny. Low 10. High 25.


clearing up for saturday it looks like though!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top