Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how long it takes to get one's first issue delivered under a new subscription to Rally World Magazine (not the online subscription). I think it's been at least 2 or 3 months since I subscribed (and paid via Paypal!) and I have not yet received an issue. The "Contact Us" number on the website (770-772-6613) is a combined phone/fax # which always rolls into fax mode after a ring or two (grrr!)

Anyone know what I should expect. Don't want to miss the coverage of Finland!!!

Thanks in advance.

Bill Rhodes

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
>I think it's been at least 2 or 3 months since
>I subscribed (and paid via Paypal!) and I
>have not yet received an issue.

Perhaps they are using the SCCA paradigm.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a beef with Rally World Magazine. Last year my wife bought me a one year subscription as a birthday gift, within 2 months the first issue came and I was happy. Then I didn't receive anything for 3 months. Amy phoned and emailed them asking where the magizines were, and after a couple of contacts, they appologized for the confusion and sent me the two issues that I didn't receive since the first one. Those were the last issues I ever saw of Rally World Magazine. 6 or so months later, Amy contacted them again asking where the hell the magazines are but never got past the "we'll look into it stage". Needless to say we gave up at that point and wrote them off. $50CDN is a lot of money for 3 magazines, but sometimes talking to a brick wall isn't worth the frustration. I'm sure they didn't intend to screw us around like this, but we seem to have fallen through their cracks and they don't seem to care, so I'm not happy with them.

My experience only, yours may vary.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for forwarding Morgan! I did leave an email message through their web site before I posted but after I had tried calling them several times. So far, though, no word.

I trust they are working on it. Perhaps the delay is normal for new subscriptions(?). I wasn't trying to cast aspersions, just wondering if this delay was normal in other's experiences.

Thanks again.

Bill Rhodes

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>
>Anyone know what I should expect. Don't want to miss the
>coverage of Finland!!!
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Bill Rhodes

It takes a while. I think I waited 3 or 4 months for my first issue. It was worth the wait though. It's a great mag, with stunning photography, and good coverage of all the US events. Showing our pictures in the same mag as WRC stuff really adds a lot of credibility.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
>Thanks for forwarding Morgan! I did leave an email message
>through their web site before I posted but after I had tried
>calling them several times. So far, though, no word.
>
>I trust they are working on it. Perhaps the delay is normal
>for new subscriptions(?). I wasn't trying to cast aspersions,
>just wondering if this delay was normal in other's
>experiences.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>
>Bill Rhodes

Susan is doing pretty much doing everything on the mag herself and practically killing herself in the process, so if she does not get back to you it is not intentional.

I suggest you may want to keep trying if you don't hear anything soon

·
Registered
204 Posts
All the Canadian events too!

I've had several problems with Rally World and although it took a while, I kept pestering them and the problems were eventually solved.

I know Susan is working very hard - just keep at them and hopefully your issues with be solved as well.

- Nathalie

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
>All the Canadian events too!
>
>
>- Nathalie

Doh! Sorry Nat, my bad. Let's just call it "American Rally", as I think they include some Mexico events as well. Last I checked, Canada, Mexico, and the US were still on the same continent.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

1 - 11 of 11 Posts