Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is not the most opportune time to post an update regarding video coverage... but...

AS those of you who have supported Rally TV may know, the MFR 04 DVD's are STILL not done. This is due to several reasons which I would be happy to explain if necessary. However, I doubt you all need to hear my over tasking horry stories.

So, suffice it to say, that the editing/post production house did not produce a final product that was to my standards, due to claimed poor raw footage. I have a final cut from them, but simply am not happy with it at all. I wouldnt pay for it. I dont expect anyone else to.

We are moving the raw footage to another person to attmept another final edit, more appropriate to our liking. This will take some more time. How long? I dont know. I would guess a couple weeks to see if the new person can produce something worthwile & that we can be proud of. If not, we will be refunding all pre-orders promptly. If the rework proves successful by my standards, we will hurry it to the DVD production house & get them out to y'all.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any appropriate tirates of disgust, generic anti-well-wishing, or various comments of lament, as I am sure I deserve them.

JC
www.rally-tv.com
www.gnimotorsports.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
JC,

The fact that you care about the product and want to get it right is what counts in my book. I think you will find most to be forgiving when you are trying to take their best interests into account. As a prepayer I am OK with waiting for a quality product (although I really want to see this)

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. Not only do I have an absolutely SICK amount of overtasking from my day job, taking me back & forth to Ft Leonard Wood, MO over the next 2 months(including LSPR weekend), but also due to the delays in the MFR release(and the editing snafu) and the fact that MFR was to be a success before scheduling the next event to be covered.

Hopefully the new person doing the editing will be victorious & lead us to greatness, causing the great floodgates of sales to open and we shall then ride the rapids of good fortune to S*D 05 and beyond...
:7

IF all goes well this month, I am also considering competing at Tall Pines with no odo & on a shoestring budget(can you say 5 tires) to break in the WRX and have a couple cameras there to film and maybe use that as bonus footage on the MFR DVD. (but that's not set in stone, but rather just an idea) If I could only find someone to lend/give me some used gravels...

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts