Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be interested in people particiating in a rally school here on the west coast? We are in talks to bring a professional instructor with tons of experience in to the states for a school. Participants could use their own rally cars or rent one from us (Group N or PGT subaru). Event would be one on one tuition with mileage gurantees on closed roads similar to Rim (though not on Rim roads). Will post with further details regarding cost right now we are trying to see whether people would be interested in this idea. If it is successful we can arrange to hold a similar school in othe regions later on. Please give some feedback.

·
Driver & Navi
827 Posts
Would the focus of this school be on driving, co-driving, or both?

A driving school would be interesting to me.

Doug
#203 Mazda RX-7

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be driver training specifically. IF people wanted then we could get a co-driver but I would have to look into that.

·
Marketing through Motorsports
1,385 Posts
More than ...

I assume you mean something beyond the one-day schools we teach in Willows and Ridgecrest, something more like Tim's school or the programs in England?

As a codriver, I can think of several people I'd recommend a good school to. Note the use of the word "good." There are several racers in our midst that I think would make great instructors.

[hr]

[p align=right]John Dillon
John @ WidgetRacing.com
www.WidgetRacing.com

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'd be interested.
I attended the Ridgecrest school and am thirsting for more!

·
Right Side Ballast
775 Posts
Definitely interested.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi,

Sounds great !

I would definately be interested, although I don't have a car yet. So depending on timing, I may have to rent one.

There would be two of us... my co-driver and myself.

Do you have any idea of when this may occur and the costs involved for the course and the car rental ?

Thanks,

Morten

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd definately be interested in attending a rally school a little closer to home, and maybe a little less expensive...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm interested, as long as there are qualified instructors and the cost was reasonable. I've seen some real bad scams, but it's time to get something good started.

Live fast, drive faster!
http://www.rallyestar.com

·
Registered
907 Posts
Just Tim O'Neil he will be happy to come out, if you find a place to run. He did it for few of us before RIM 03.

Tim is a great insctructor and he can really brake your driving down to good amount of detail. Best thing about Tim is that he knows what type of roads/events (notes, route book) we face so he can gear your driving toward it.

-george

·
Registered
868 Posts
If it's David Higgins or Tim O'Neil, I'll be interested. I'd prefer to do it on a weekday because I already spend enough weekends away from my family.
Dave
'02 WRX

·
Registered
901 Posts
I'm cautiously interested in a rally school: driving for me, and co-driving for Mom.

Cost is, of course, the deciding issue. And the teaching would have to be worth the money I'd pay.

Weekend works better for probably 90% of the rally community, unless you're self-employed and can afford to take time off of your job in the middle of the week in addition to all the time you take off for events...

If my whole team signed up, could we get a bulk rate or quantity discount?

KT

·
pressing on tirelessly
2,225 Posts
I think this is a great idea. I'd sign up.

The one-day rallyschools here are a nice little introduction, but aren't much more than just a taste.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts