Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
969 Posts
Generally the devices are handed out at the start of each event, so I'm not sure the point of owning.

The install kits are available here

I have seen them pop up for sale really randomly as most people leave them in the car even if they sell them.

·
Rally, my drug of choice.
1983 Mazdaru BR-7
969 Posts
While that sub forum doesn't get much traffic anymore, you could post the question in here,

@Dante is out in Michigan and it a pretty ok dude, he may be someone that could point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
'85 VW GTI
20 Posts
The RallySafe unit itself cost thousands of dollars. I don't know anyone that has bought one. On the other hand, the installation kit is less than $200. Basically power cables, and antennas. Drill one hole for the GPS antenna, and tie wrap the other antenna (wifi) and wiring in place. The power has to be constant so that you don't depower the unit when the car is off. The people monitoring it get antsy when they don't see it during a race weekend. Beware that the power cord has an LED and will eventually drain a battery after many days/weeks. I have mine after the breaker on the battery and before the main power disconnect. That way I can shut it down completely between races. Hope that helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts