your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else get this email?
Anyone know anything about this?

Visit:
http://www.rallyracer.com/
"Interested in Reality TV?
Be a driver on our show and compete on national TV!
Win $1,000,000!

press on,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yhis, in answer to where this "program" will be filmed:

"A: That is another aspect of the shows you will have to just wait on. We will give you a hint it is in North America and is the home of rally in the early 1900's."

Snooty attitude, puzzling answer,,,hmmmm "the home of rally in the early 1900's"...... in NA? Oh yeah, Michigan!?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm going to organize another website where people can pay a small fee to make their dreams come true. You'll be famous. I'll be rich. My new reality TV project is just the thing for all you liberals and all you conservatives too, young and old. It's as American as apple pie, and mom, and cheating on your high-school girlfriend: the website/show is called Beating These Thieving Cockwallopers About The Head And Neck!!!

If you'd like to be part of the hottest new thing in South Florida please just mail me your credit card. I'll use your card to buy myself lunch at the titty bar, or whatever, and then I'll send it back to you. I probably won't spend more than a hundred bucks or so, unless my friend George comes along. If George comes along, all bets are off. Every few months, I'll send out some spam e-mails and circulate some new rumors about how I've located Morre Entertainment world headquarters & how I'm this close to beating somebody about the head and neck. If you send me your credit card again, I'll try to get your ten dollar casting fee back, by holding some little prick upside down and shaking the change out of his trousers. First season is in Miami, then Vegas, then a secret undisclosed location in the middle west, where all the real men are.

-Isaac

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was thinking someone should go around to events and make up our own "Rally Racer Reality TV show".
It would naturally have to be real low-budget, consumer DV stuff, but it'd be a great excuse to swap in-car footage around.

I'm sure the Berkeley Cable access channel has some open slots, with local sponsors across the country, we could actually make it a "national local access" phenomena! it would certainly be more entertaining than a lot of the stuff they run on local access TV now.

:+

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>I was thinking someone should go around to events and make
>up our own "Rally Racer Reality TV show".
>It would naturally have to be real low-budget, consumer DV
>stuff, but it'd be a great excuse to swap in-car footage
>around.
>
>I'm sure the Berkeley Cable access channel has some open
>slots, with local sponsors across the country, we could
>actually make it a "national local access" phenomena! it
>would certainly be more entertaining than a lot of the stuff
>they run on local access TV now.
>

Not to mention the fact that in most places, the cable provider has cameras and editing equipment available for you to use cheaply or for free.

This is how ClubRally competitors can get on tv...

Bruce

·
Registered
213 Posts
If anyone has any lingering thoughts of these guys, check out the Reality TV website, where they talk about this hoax:

http://www.2rtv.org/html/viewtopic.php?topic=29&forum=11

Besides, did you check out the "About Morre" section? To paraphrase: We've got people who have worked at some studios, some people who've worked at hardware/software companies and a someone who's worked as an executive in a Fortune 100 company.

No names, no specifics.

That should tell you something right there. Look at any "REAL" Reality TV show's website. They've got names, bios and photos of everyone involved.

The fact that you have to put in an "application processing fee" should tell you something, too. If they're doing a multi-million dollar production with WRC-calibre cars, they wouldn't need a processing fee from the applicants.

The processing fee is there to scam money out of you, but they made the fee low enough that when you get scammed you won't bother doing anything about it to get it back.

The only thing I can't figure out is why they picked a racing discipline with such a small following in North America. I mean, they could've scammed a lot more bubbas with "NASCAR Racer".....

If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is..........

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
SCAM

http://www.insideedition.com/investigative/RealityTV.htm

Yep, that is the same guy and the same scam. I googled the guy's name and found some newsgroup posts where he claimed "Finally, on Saturday, March 24, 2001, they will compete in front of tens of thousands of fans and millions of TV viewers."

This has been going on for a long time. Oh, here is another little "event" he was behind:

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2000/01/17/story6.html

That non-event evolved into this non-event. Save your money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
>The only thing I can't figure out is why they picked a
>racing discipline with such a small following in North
>America. I mean, they could've scammed a lot more bubbas
>with "NASCAR Racer".....
Allot of those "bubbas" dont have email:7

1 - 18 of 18 Posts