Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the speed channel and I was wondering if it still had coverage of the WRC on it? Do they cover the American sereise as well? If any one could direct me or tell me what the schedual (if any) for these programs is I would just be pleased as punch!

Thanks
Otis

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>I just got the speed channel and I was wondering if it still
>had coverage of the WRC on it? Do they cover the American
>sereise as well? If any one could direct me or tell me what
>the schedual (if any) for these programs is I would just be
>pleased as punch!

Speed still covers the WRC. It is typically on the Sunday night following an event. The next one is Acropolis, June 26 at (I think) 11 eastern/8 pacific.

The Rally America championship will be on the Outdoor Life network on consecutive weeks in the fall (starting in October, I believe).

The US Rally Championship is on Motorsport Mundial, which is carried on Speed. Cherokee Trails will be on in two parts, June 19 and 26) at really early in the morning.

As Morgan suggested, check the Speed listings at their web site for the final word.

Ben

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
>As Morgan suggested, check the Speed listings at their web
>site for the final word.

Actually, continually check what they are airing at the moment for the FINAL word. The listing on their web site has been known to be wrong. So has the program guide on my satellite box.

alan

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
Don't forget "legends" from 7am to 7:30 weekdays for a lot of vintage stuff.

Speed is on about 24hrs a day at my house,
Sure it could be better, but I don't complain.
It is much better than nothing (which is what I grew up with).

rz

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts
Does 'Legends of Motorsports' have more than 8 or so rally shows?

I have seen a couple Monte Carlos from the early 60s, a couple Safari Rallies (58 and 77, I think), 1982 Sweden, 1984 Finland, 1982 San Remo. I think that's it. Have to look on he PVR to be sure.

And, as much as I like David Hobbs, he really shouldn't be doing commentary on rally.

alan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses!... I was looking on the SPEED TV web site but I wasn't sure what the name of the show I was looking for was so I couldn't actualy find it, so I guess my next question is "What are the rally shows called?" I checked under the R's (for rally) and the W's (for WRC) but neither had what I was looking for. any leads would be nice

thanks

Otis

·
Registered
38 Posts
I looked on the Speed site and couldn?t find rally listed. They do play it though. You?ll just have to sift through all the NASCRAP shows. I would keep an eye on www.rally-live.com for news of when the events are scheduled. Check the Speed site for listings on the Sunday when the event is scheduled to end . It is usually on at 8 PM Pacific time. Coverage is 1.5 hours.

Why not have a Speed2 Channel? Leave once for NASCRAP and one channel for all the other good stuff. My 2¢.

rally_x

·
Registered
678 Posts
Alan, there are a few more than that. A couple of Finland, one Portugal, An Alpine, a copule of British and Irish events, etc. Unfortunately, it appears to me that they put a month's worth of tapes in rotation over at the Speed channel, and leave the same ones running for several months at a time. Here is the most complete listing of Legends of Motorsport episodes (with some descriptions)that I have found so far:

http://library.digiguide.com/lib/episodes/96677

Deadstump, I have found that the best way to find the listings for the rally programs on speed is to go to the listings section, instead of schedule. They list the WRC as "FIA World Rally".

Here is the direct link to the different rally-related programs on Speed:

WRC: http://www.speedtv.com/programs/27/
Legends of Motorsport: http://www.speedtv.com/programs/39/
Motorsport Mundial: http://www.speedtv.com/programs/70/

Then you can search for "rally" on the schedule to find random rally programs that are not part of any of those three shows, such as the Targa rallies that they put on once in a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.