Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back when I lived in a more liberal clime, public access TV was actually fairly public and a variety of programming was carried.

Some nutter apparently like model airplanes and would show old model aviation tapes from the 70s. Tom's Guitar Show was also very popular.

While inhaling solder fumes today, it occured to me that maybe we could enlist the various public access outlets across our fine land to increase free media exposure of rally.

Local competitors could possibly reap the benefits from being exposed, er, having their teams featured, on a local TV station.

any thoughts?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Some of my friends and I want to start our own local access show and I thoguht about rally, but it would be kinad hard since you would probably have to have youre own footage, meaning lots of cameras at a rally and then a lot of editing time.

it would be cool and I'd for sure watch it but it might be a lot of work :X

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know Lurch plays a little bit.... ;)

I was thinking some group effort to product public domain footage that should be shared might be workable.

OR

Figure out what kind of cash it would take to get get Rally-TV to do a series like that

OR

See if we could convince SCCA to part company with control of their TV productions.

If I were a high school or college student looking for big fun in TV production, I would definitely check out something like this (well, Rally and women's field hockey)

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
One problem might be dealing with whomever has the broadcast rights AND the SCCA.

It seems to me that a few Minnesota boys had some public access rally shows produced a long time ago.

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
I've thought of this before, but up until now nobody had the production capabilities and desire to do it except the SCCA/Speed/Replica guys, who had no reason to part with their show already airing on Speed Channel. But now that Rally TV is picking up steam, and producing some nice stuff for not a lot of money, perhaps this may become workable once again. As it stands I imagine JC probably needs to sell a few more DVD's (have you sent your check in for MFR yet?), but maybe in a year or two when he's a rich and famous rally producer he may be willing to give something like this a shot.

Note: same goes for putting the shows online, ala the BRC coverage. Don't see it happening with the Speed shows, but maybe another oppurtunitie for Rally TV.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Need ride. Please send money.
1,278 Posts
Yes, actually we are struggling a bit to complete the MFR DVD currently, partly because my editing house is not focusing on it 100% due to other obligations(and me niether, as I have a fulltime day job). With a higher budget, full attention could be paid to it. Also, volunteer camera ops are rather difficult to use to save money, due to the quality of footage gained (or lost, as the case may be). :(

Got lots of great ideas, but not much in sales. If we could land one good sponsor, it could work great. Especially with the possibilities of the internet. Hmmmm... internet streaming video PPV shows... I hadnt thought of that...

But broadcast TV (even public access) is unlikely, due to current rights holders. It would take a sponsor with deep pockets to sway some attention from them currently.

There's some red tape to deal with to make it happen for sure.

JC
www.gnimotorsports.com

PS- thanx Dennis, Leon & everyone who preordered. Those of you that ordered online thru PayPal I responded with an email, but the folks who sent in checks I didnt get emails for... THANX! We will have a cool DVD soon for ya'll.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts