Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was curious, is an odo absolutely necessary for someone that wants to run their first rally. I am nearing completion of my car (93 Saturn) and am short on money. I figured that purchasing a set of new tires (probably Silverstone) would be more worthwile than buying a Terratrip or Alfa. I would probably only do without an odo for just one rally; but if others feel them absolutely necessary then I'll look in to a used one.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Ryan, I know plenty of guys who have done there several first rallies without odos, or had them fail cause they used crap that require f***ing magnets to be stuck on with used chew and of course the magnets disappeared.

You can do this: there is always plenty of time to do your transits so all you need do is ask the guy right behind you if you can stick on his tail, tell you forgot to install it, or get a cereal box and cut it up and draw an odo on it and then claim you can't make it work.
Now when you exit the first control, when past the Control Zone signboard, pull over and wait till he leaves and drop in behind. You're at his codrivers mercy as to timekeeping, but even if they DNF, just go and ask the next person.
At the end of stages do the same thing, exit the control zone and then drop in behind the next guy.
Remember to enter on your correct minute.

PS Ask anybody who has had em why they call them Terrible-Trips.

Get a Brantz, quicker setup, intantly simple calibration. International II has two nice read outs in nice bright RED on black rather than MEDIUM Grey on Light Grey. uggh.

contact me if you'd like about the details of Brantz.

John Vanlandingham

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes, but use Experienced CoDriver

I agree with John V. that you don't need a Rally Odo for your first couple of ClubRallies.

But, I would "STRONGLY" recommend that you find an experienced CoDriver to get you through them successfully. Good luck & have fun!

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts