Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
>can a seed 8 driver use rally notes in a national race

Depends. Go to www.rally-america.com. Download and read the rules. Address your questions on the RA forum to the proper people. You won't get an answer you can trust unless you contact those who actually say yes or no.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My understanding is that us new drivers can only use notes if our co-driver has a certain amount of rally experience. I agree, contact R-A for the final decision and the amount of co-driver experience required.
Bryan

·
www.christianedstrom.com
2,144 Posts
>can a seed 8 driver use rally notes in a national race

Go here: http://www.rally-america.com/info/info_index.html, and read Bulletin 7.A.

In short, if you have a co-driver with more than 20 coefficients experience running notes, you can use notes. If your co-driver does not have that level of experience, you cannot use notes until you are out of seed 8.

Christian

Bjorn Christian Edstrom
www.christianedstrom.com

·
Registered
672 Posts
NASA Rally Sport events and United State Rally Championship events, the answer is YES. Any team can choose to use notes at our events.

Ray Hocker
Chairman, Rim of the World Rally

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts
> NASA Rally Sport events and United State Rally Championship
>events, the answer is YES. Any team can choose to use notes
>at our events.
>
Keep in mind that even though you can doesn't necessarily mean you should. I've always been a proponent for notes, but not always for beginners. Road reading is an invaluable skill that complements notes to make you faster and keeps you going even when the navvie gets lost. It's important to learn it. I also find it easier to concentrate on the mechanics of driving when doing a blind rally (less for my pea brain to think about). Unless you had some good driving school experience (Team Oneil, Higgins,etc..), or were already an accomplished track racer, I'd steer clear of notes for a rally or two.

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
RE: Rally notes = Good

>Simply put notes help new drivers learn to read the road
>better than than the route book ever will.

No, you are exactly incorrect.

as he says... "I've always been a proponent for notes, but not always for beginners."

Run without notes until you can read the road. Once you accomplish this, then the notes will better assist driving ability.

As a navvi who's run with both experienced and unexperienced drivers, both using notes; it's quite apparent which one can better use the information that's presented. IN ADDITION, if the driver doesn't know what which corner looks like, it's going to be hell to get back on track if the navvi gets lost.

"steer clear of notes for a rally or two."

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
lost in the notes

What do you mean IF, kid?

You mean to tell me you never got lost this weekend?

I did.

You WILL get lost in the notes.

And a driver who hasn't learned to read the road will have a really big one (especially like Indian Creek - SS 8/12, where Jemba told us "Busy reading 4.92-9.28". Like the rest of the time and stages WASN'T busy reading?).

> IN ADDITION, if
>the driver doesn't know what which corner looks like, it's
>going to be hell to get back on track if the navvi gets lost.

press on,

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
RE: lost in the notes

>
>I did.
>
>You WILL get lost in the notes.
>
Glad to hear that piece of reality. My son got lost 3 times and he's done notes several times already, always successfully. I think it's easier at an event like Cherokee to get lost, with so many thing happening quickly. One time we got lost I know he indicated "kinks" and I didn't see any difference between what happened next versus some of the R5, L6, R5 calls. That time he was lost for about 1 mile or more because it's tough to find something that is a definite in the notes. Then you have to drive what you see and I'll say I didn't drive too much slower when we were lost than when we wern't (of course it was on stage 12 in the dark when you're driving somewhat more cautiously anyway).

·
Registered
2,274 Posts

>What do you mean IF, kid?
>
>You mean to tell me you never got lost this weekend?
>
>I did.

Yep, inevitable. I suppose that should say "when" instead.

Thanks Jimmy. :)

Going to go practice that math stuff now.

·
I am not here anymore
2,798 Posts

I agree, but there are exceptions to every rule.

When I run with a driver who is a complete unknown to me (particular one in a fast car), I want notes for my own sanity. I want to know what's coming up so I can prepare for impact!

alan

·
Registered
117 Posts

How am I supposed to come home to the ladies, or as matt b says Laydeez, when my navies getting me lost in the woods?

·
50 L3/CR 70 Yump 200
997 Posts

>How am I supposed to come home to the ladies, or as matt b
>says Laydeez, when my navies getting me lost in the woods?

Have the Laydeez be hidin' out in da woods, w/fresh tires, a new turbo, and gas ...Not that its ever happened before.

G

·

Not all who wander are lost.....

Jeffy's Scenario sounds like a bad 70's movie that involves heavy drinking and a Van.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts