Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, my name is Ronnie and I have been a fan of Rally for a while, and rally cross the thrill of driving through a stage as fast as you can or 8 cars lined up jockeying for position round a track half paved half dirt!
any way at 35 I never really gave rally a serious thought, it always looked so fun but so so expensive and looking into it a little there were driving schools you had to go through and the cars were so tricked out and so beyond what I could afford I gave up. Well that said last week I just found out about the ChumpCar World Series and 24 hours of LeMons, though the price can still get high on these, they are designed to take cheap everyday junkers and turn them into cheap race cars, This got me thinking is there anything like this in the rally world?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ronnie! Nice to see a fellow desert dweller on here! As far as I know on our side of the hemisphere there are no great options for cheap rally, however if you look up California Rally Series (CRS) you may be in luck. Their entry level classes are usually simple to get into and the costs are relatively low. CRS-2 and CRS Stock, CRS-2 is the two wheel drive class with equipment specifications set up so that no driver can waltz in with a mostermobile and just start rocketing down stages. It is mostly set up as a learning class, with that being said it is also one of the most competitive. CRS-Stock is just like it sounds, mostly stock cars. Some wiggle room in the brakes and suspension departments but not much. Naturally the cheapest way to go about getting a car is finding it on here, while that has its risks, if you do your homework and know the FIA safety guidelines you should be okay. Then naturally there is rallycross, the simplest way to learn the basics of rally. As far as I know the only place to find this in AZ is down in Tuscon with AZrallygroup. I know CRS has their own rallycross but that is over in california.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts