Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: Rally New York USA Lack of Information?

Edit: Info I was looking for now posted on Rally NY website. Thanks.

·
Retired Rally Photographer
2,069 Posts

> Is it just me or am I missing something?
> Am preparing our movement plan and the supps and website
>seem to have no address or maps for the location of HQ nor any
>other key locations during the rally. (I know where it is but
>my crew who I'll be meeting there doesn't and Monticello isn't
>small town).

www.mrwillys.com

> The spectator guide tells you where things will take place
>when but gives no details of how to get there.

As far as getting to the stages, I usually print the .PDF file and match it up with Yahoo/Google/Mapquest/<Insert Favorite Here> Maps. It is really simple to get around. The stages around Tusten are really easy to get to. Pretty much just 2 paved roads. The stages are off of that. Liberty is a little more tricky. Hopefully there'll be signage along the main roads to show where to turn.

My mini-rant: I do dislike .pdf files. Would be great to see stuff like the Sup. Regs. in a basic .HTML file with the PDF option link at the top. Kind of a pain to have to DL the whole PDF to peek at something quick when the site is slow and how Acrobat pretty much blows.

Anyhoo, I will see you all there.

Pete

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts

Dave,

I believe the crew will get their own packet that will correspond to the published itinerary/program, making movement very easy, additionally if you choose to do the recce you will have opportunity to supplement this information. If the crew can read the itinerary/program and the maps they will have no problem. The maps used on the web site are marked up scans of colorized folding maps by a company called Jimapco and are THE best available folding maps for the area. The same company named makes a better road atlas @ a better more acurate scale in blue and white. (not Delorme style mind you) My staff (work) and I use them to cover this area and if it's not on these maps it's not there. As an aside, I translated The VT Winter TSD provided maps to the same brand and I think we had a better & more enjoyable time that night because of it.

If you need more specific information I have never found Ivan or Olga to be unresponsive, in fact they seem to have an endless supply of patience for competitors questions.

Lastly, both service areas are open to set up early according to the published docs..

Bernie

http://www.jimapco.com

My emploees and I use this: http://www.jimapco.com/Product.asp?prodcode=10437&catcode=140NYSL

And I think this is what Ivan/RNY is scanning and marking up:
http://www.jimapco.com/Product.asp?prodcode=10414&catcode=140NYSL

BTW not a commercial solicitation, I just use them every day in 2 states on a daily basis and like them.

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts

>First they'd have to find HQ somewhere in Monticello. Or
>perhaps we plan for them to take car directly to
>scrutineering. Its a movement plan. Crew gets it before they
>leave on the tow out. I doubt the packet will include the
>directions to and from our hotel from various points such as
>awards ceremony. If so, kudos but I haven't seen an organizer
>swing that yet.

>haven't seen an organizer
>swing that yet.

Huh??????????????? So why are you asking for it?

Do a little work.

Bernie

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Edit: Info I was looking for now posted on Rally NY website. Thanks.

·
codriveur
1,385 Posts

You've got a great skill of constantly editing your posts. What did you do come back to these 3-4 times till you got it right and totally changed what you replied/asked? You make it impossible to answer your concerns.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

Some addresses and a map layout of the town w/ the primary locations(like they had for 100AW) would be nice...It's been way too much Google-ing and MapQuest-ing than necessary...and I can't really trust the information from that being completely accurate. I'm sure all the information will be given once one reaches registration, but if you're a co-driver that tries to do your job with some sort of professionalism, you don't want to leave anything up to chance. It's important to know where everything is before the event when making a movement plan as one has to know how much time to allocate to get to different locations. It's a lot more time for everyone to do the research when just an address could be provided.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
87 Posts
Rally New York USA further Questions

Ivan,
Look at the mileage on Friday afternoon, and no fuel stop! Average WRX or Evo on 34mm program needs 17 gallons!
Chicanes: Please don't put those pissy cones out again, use something more substancial. The antilag was blowning them away last year, and coming at them at high speed you'd want a military satellite to see them!

760 Posts
RE: Rally New York USA further Questions

>Ivan,
>Look at the mileage on Friday afternoon, and no fuel stop!
>Average WRX or Evo on 34mm program needs 17 gallons!
>Chicanes: Please don't put those pissy cones out again, use
>something more substancial. The antilag was blowning them away
>last year, and coming at them at high speed you'd want a
>military satellite to see them!

Remote Refueling:

See explanation at http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=8658

Chicane Elements:

We are using large plastic orange cylinders used at road
construction sites.

Ivan Orisek

·
straight at T
2,472 Posts

>Chicane Elements:
>
>We are using large plastic orange cylinders used at road
>construction sites.
>
>Ivan Orisek
>

I like that idea, Ivan. Visible, substantial enough to stay in place, but not substantial enough to hurt someone if they blow the chicane.

Adrian

·
Registered
123 Posts

>>Ivan,
>>Look at the mileage on Friday afternoon, and no fuel stop!
>>Average WRX or Evo on 34mm program needs 17 gallons!
>>Chicanes: Please don't put those pissy cones out again, use
>>something more substancial. The antilag was blowning them
>away
>>last year, and coming at them at high speed you'd want a
>>military satellite to see them!
>
>Remote Refueling:
>
>See explanation at
>http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=8658
>
>Chicane Elements:
>
>We are using large plastic orange cylinders used at road
>construction sites.
>
>Ivan Orisek
>
You will need to put sand in them to keep them from falling over.
The best thing for Chicanes is ROUND HAY BALES No driver want's to hit them...Because they cause damage.

What's the intervels between cars 30 seconds or a 1 minute, Over here in IRL we run 30 seconds between cars on tarmac, That way the stage is always hot and it gets done faster and the residents are happy,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.