Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dispite reading this forum almost daily, I've never felt the need to post my opinions before. Has anyone elso taken note of the announcement in Rally New York's web site that they are a candidate for the May slot in the 2003 ProRally schedule? As a relative newcomer to the sport (Sawmill '99) I have seen performance rally, especially in the NER, move out of the reach of the small teams. I have waited patiently (alright, not so patiently) for Club events to fill the void in this part of the country. As the only C3 in the region, NYR seemed to be doing that. We have 2 Pro events in the NER, which have grown to the stature that caused 4 ClubRallies to disappear. Sawmill has stepped up to be a great full field C2. BRS and Maine Winter are other good events but the total coefficient count is still low. I'd be interested in hearing others opinions as to whether the Northeast needs another Pro event or more C2/3 Club events.

Skip

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The choice of which type of event to hold rests with the organizers. They apparently feel there is something to be gained from becoming a National(perhaps sponsorship - it can't be lower cost or reduced workload). If it were me, I'd contact the Chairman and ask why he wants to become a National. He(she) may shed some light on this.

·
Faster Mabricator
3,611 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it much. RNY has a long way to go before becoming a ProRally. They have much to improve on from the event last year. I'd have been very dissappointed to have come crosscountry to compete in last year's version (all short stages, many cancelled stages, relocated controls, hairpins on local's front porches and worried about knocking down their mailboxes, too much tarmac and no mention of road surface changes in routebook, facilities used last year not big enough for a ProRally (maybe another town nearby is bigger),.....
It'd be a lot of work and I'd like to see it happen but they have a long way to go and I just didn't see the resources there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts