Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
>>I see there was a big Irish entry at Rally NY 50 % and they
>>dominated the field.
>>I belive Ivan don't like the Irish over there why?
>>Only for the Irish there would not be a RNY.
>
>I think you forgot a few words. What prompted these beliefs?
>

Oh i have heard lots of stories from my friends in the USA.
Irish and American friends...And I was at RNY last year...I thaught I would be able to get there this time but I was in NZ...I see your rally photos on your website Very nice work.

·
your other left, you idiot
3,909 Posts
Huh?

You have some, um, "interesting" thoughts.

How did you come up with this?

It's a new one to me.

>I belive Ivan don't like the Irish over there why?

press on,

·
I have a cat.
3,676 Posts
RE: Huh?

Looks like stirring up shit to me.

Ivan had the owner of an Irish pub in NY present the winners of 2wd and (mistakenly)4wd with a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey at the finish.

Nice job sniping from overseas.

·
Straight @ "T"
188 Posts
Au contraire (that's it for my French), we love the Irish, we'd love to see more of them, they're a lot of fun and intense competitors. They support our events with their entries and raise the level of competition.
In fact we love them so much that we wish they'd bring some workers along so we cold have even more fun!
Jim Blumenfeld

"A procrastinator's work is never done.":p

·
Registered
123 Posts
>Rally Nut is an appropriate name....and not because your nuts
>about rallying.

What will happen if the Irish decide to boycot these rallies they done it before and the rally had to be cancelled Belive me I have very close connections with the rally guys over there and I know whats going on.
If this negitive talk about rally keeps going on in the USA there will be no rally in the USA, The whole world is looking in...There must be something very wrong at RNY its the only rally that get's trashed ??? You tell me if im nuts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
>You are nuts.

A little LEPRECHAUN has been in contact with his budys in the New York area and he said 90% of the IRISH will not Compete in RNY again under the present management It's too dangerous.

Now Who's Nut's

·
Couch rallyist!
344 Posts
I see the problem as being the other way around, he needs the Irish entry fees so much that he puts up with almost anything. Ivan's observation at the driver's meeting that the Irish Motorsport Club makes up half the entries but rarely provides any workers is true, I had the same problem at RPNE rally sprints. Ivan's decision to point out what's obvious to everyone was probably driven by annoyance, not "hate!"

I nearly walked out on my job as Chief of Spectator Safety at an RPNE rally sprint because the Irish specators were driving me crazy, but I don't hate them!

Alex

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
Having had small problems with a team consisting of people from Ireland, I am forced to conclude that while it may be true that all the Irish are sh*ts, the truth is, every one with vast experience in European rally, is not used to "our" way of doing things. In other words, us Americans (i.e. citizens of the United States of America versus Canadians and Brazilians who are also from America) don't fricking care if you are from Ireland or England or Scotland or Italy. We are still in awe of your experience.

But lest you think I am praising Rally Nut or stating that the Irish are the saviours of the world, I would like to point out that the reason that many Irish of today have red or blond hair is because my ancestors did. And further more, the Blarney stone in Ireland is a replacement. My ancestors stole the original.

Rally Nut, give it up. We lump almost all immigrants and visiting workers in the same pot. We don't care where you came from, we still think you should go home. Oh wait, I am quoting talk radio.

The reality is that if there is a group of experienced competitors, we (NASA or RA) want them. And we (all organizers) will listen to reasoned input. Stuff like so and so hates the Irish is bull hockey.

·
Registered
123 Posts
>Having had small problems with a team consisting of people
>from Ireland, THEY TELL YOU HOW TO DO YOUR JOB...WELL YOU SHOULD BE LISTINING WHEN YOU WERE TALKING AND YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING
I am forced to conclude that while it may be
>true that all the Irish are sh*ts,
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT THE IRISH, WITH A NAME LIKE MILLER WHICH IS OF ENGLISH ORIGIN THAT LITTLE LEPRECHAUN MIGHT JUMP OUT AND GRAB YOU
the truth is, every one
>with vast experience in European rally, is not used to "our"
>way of doing things.
AND LOOK WHAT'S HAPPINING
In other words, us Americans
YOUR NOT AMERICAN JUST A BLOW IN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
(i.e.
>citizens of the United States of America versus Canadians and
>Brazilians who are also from America) don't fricking care if
>you are from Ireland or England or Scotland or Italy. We are
>still in awe of your experience.
WELL WHY DON'T YE LISTN TO THE PEOPLE WITH A LITTLE BIT OF EXPERIENCE YE MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING AND BRING IT IN LINE WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD AND NOT BE 20 YEARS BENIND LIKE YE ARE NOW
>
>But lest you think I am praising Rally Nut
I DON'T NEED ANY PRAISE FROM YOU I KNOW WHAT IM DOING
or stating that the
>Irish are the saviours of the world,
THAT'S WHAT AMERICANS THINK AND SEE WHATS HAPPINING TAX $$$ BEEN WASTED FIGHTING FRUITLESS WARS AND LIVE'S BEEN LOST
I would like to point out
>that the reason that many Irish of today have red or blond
>hair AND PROUD OF IT is because my ancestors did.
YOUR ANCESTORS TRYED TO STEAL EVERYTHING BUT FAILED
And further more, the
>Blarney stone in Ireland is a replacement. My ancestors stole
>the original.
YOU WISH THEY WOULD NOT KNOW HOW, NO GUTS
>
>Rally Nut, give it up. We lump almost all immigrants and
>visiting workers in the same pot. We don't care where you came
>from, we
(YOU MEANE YOU THINK)
still think you should go home.
BUT YOU SEEM TO FORGET IM THE ONE THATS AT HOME IN THE GREEN ISLAND OF IRELAND THE HOME OF REAL RALLY
Oh wait, I am quoting
>talk radio.
>
>The reality is that if there is a group of experienced
>competitors, we (NASA or RA) want them. And we (all
>organizers) will listen
YE DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD LISTEN
to reasoned input. Stuff like so and
>so hates the Irish is bull hockey.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
> BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT THE IRISH, WITH A NAME LIKE
>MILLER WHICH IS OF ENGLISH ORIGIN THAT LITTLE LEPRECHAUN MIGHT
>JUMP OUT AND GRAB YOU

etc.

Pat,

Unless Richard was hitting the Scotch REALLY hard prior to posting I'm thinking it (like just about everything of this genre he posts) was very much tongue-in-cheek. I've never known Richard to hold animosity toward any person (or group of people) even though I know a (non-Irish) person or two he's been exposed to who certainly earned the right to be disliked.

In fact, he was instrumental in helping me score one of the more unique rally prizes available - I (a mere Yank) got to introduce a true Irishman to rallying! Check out the Irish Car Buyers Guide Magazine article by Conor Twomey chronicling our run at Richard's 2004 Rallye de Paris ClubRally - http://www.realautosport.com/pics/Beetle/RdP2004/RdP04A.html .

Halley ...
BBBBB (Bring Back Big Bend Bash)
http://www.realautosport.com

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>This was tougher to read than any of JVL's posts.

Well I have absolutely no trouble at all reading Rallynut's posts,
then again I am nut going to take the cowards way out in a discussion and criticize spelling or grammar, and maybe that's because I gre up in a house where there were such a variety of languages that little differences in dialect or word choice don't stump me: I'm bright enough to see what a person is saying, even if he does exagerate a smidgen.
Rallynut writes exactly as he speaks, and I tend to.
Many here write like they're delivering a fawkin sermon from the pulpit.
Or are "Injur-nears" speaking to other "geeks".

But I gotta take Rallynut to task here.
Lookie here:
every one
>Richard Miller wrote:
>with vast experience in European rally, is not used to "our"
>way of doing things.

AND LOOK WHAT'S HAPPINING

In other words, us Americans

YOUR NOT AMERICAN JUST A BLOW IN LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

(i.e.
>citizens of the United States of America versus Canadians and
>Brazilians who are also from America) don't fricking care if
>you are from Ireland or England or Scotland or Italy. We are
>still in awe of your experience.

WELL WHY DON'T YE LISTN TO THE PEOPLE WITH A LITTLE BIT OF EXPERIENCE YE MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING AND BRING IT IN LINE WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD AND NOT BE >>>20 YEARS<<< BENIND LIKE YE ARE NOW.

Now that's pure fabication!!! I may talk a bit braod but that's over the top.
We aren't 20 years behind the rest of the world!!!!

It's closer to 30.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts