Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Forget about it. We went last year with out a pass and I was able to do everything, but sit in the cars.
Rent a car and follow the Rallytravel.com van and your set. They will be staying at Holiday Inn closest to the HQ.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah, save your dinero. I was totally bummed last year because I didn't get one, but honestly you don't need it. In Oz you would because the spectator viewing areas were divided, but not in Mexico- you can go anywhere. And it only costs like $2 to get into the rally park. It's not hard to rent a car either. Just call the airport and book it through them because they don't have the internet there. Take lots of water and sunscreen! : ) And the transits to the stages are very fun- lots of wide open exciting gravel roads! Sheesh, I wish I was going.... But I think I'll enjoy actually driving in the Cherokee Trails rally more.

Say hi to Markko for me! ; )

The Artist formerly known as Mad4Markko... may the WRC boards RIP. : (

·
Achievement Unlocked!
882 Posts
Yep - save your cash.

It gets you 6 feet closer to the cars in service. There are special areas setup for pass people with food and beer provided. But a beer is $0.60 and we shared food and beer with the locals on every stage we went to. You won't be able to get into the finish stadium - but you can see the proceedings from other "free" areas.

Double confirm car rental reservations. We had "reservations" but that doesn't mean squat. They will sell out quick - and we got there Thursday morning and they had "no car". Get some place that will take your money over the phone and that will garantee a car will be waititng for you. We paid a lot more then we should have for a car, but it worked out. Read the "full insurance" policy. Our "full insurance" included a 10% deductable. So if I destroyed the $20,000 car - I would have received a $2,000 bill. yikes...

My girl and I didn't buy the $300USD pass:
I ended up on the speed vision coverage yelling "You can do it!" in service. We met (spoke with) drivers, co-drivers. Nicky, Phil Mills, Petter, etc, etc. The spectator areas are spectacular!

http://www.planetkris.com/gallery/mexico

I wish we were going again this year.
Saving up for Rally Austrailia!

- Kris
http://www.rallynotes.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts