Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am currently preparing sponsorship proposals and am wondering what other have uncovered in terms of market research. I am looking to get information on the the following topics:

- rapid growth of the sport
- stats on audience demographics
- potential viewership
- sales impacts (both pre- and post-sponsorship)
- consumer opinions
- brand loyalties (will someone be more or less likely to purchase a sponsored product)
- etc.

I have a copy of the CARS info but I am assuming others have done independent research in an attempt to justify their sponsorships. I understand that some of this may be proprietary/confidential and you may not be willing to share. However, if you feel you can share, please do. The more people we have helping in terms of market research, the easier it will be for others to attract potential sponsors. Basically, if we can share existing market research, then it may lower the cost for others looking to gain entry to the sport. No need to reinvent the wheel everytime...

Cheers, JC

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me begin...

Who Follows Rallying?
· Rallying is one of the fastest growing spectator sports in Britian
· 83% of rally fans are ABC1 with disposable income
· 63% are male, 37% female
· 61% are aged 18-35
· Over 9,000 fans attended just one rally stage at the first round of the 2002 British Rally Championship
· An IT literate audience, making 45,000 hits per event on the official championship website
· Rally fans are 41% more likely to buy the sponsor's product than any other sports fans

Source: Web (can't remember website but I will try to find it)

·
'is the engine bogging?'
429 Posts
R-A has info

Rally America has this type of info available to each license holder - you can contact Ananda for more info at [email protected]; he has also sent out word about a University of Florida PhD student conducting a survey on Rallying as well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I guess between the CARS and RA info, there isn't much else out there that easily accessible. I am sure the is TON of european research, the trick is to get our hands on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts