Special Stage Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It appears I need to head down into the storage room, so I can post an image or two of my Tommy Box MK X. I know exactly where it is, as I keep telling myself one of these days...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've just updated the list with a couple entries for Heuer instruments, such as the $6000 Rallymaster shown by Curt Egerer.

Yes, Doc, I'm thinking of introducing photos of all these devices.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
At one point I was trying to collect all the historic rally odos and instruments I could. I ran out or time and money for it when I began modern rallying in earnest. But I have the following:

11-digit Curta with rally history (I'd like a 15 to run a correction factor)

Aifab Gemini (perfect condition, but only one set of calibration gears. In the market for those, and T-gears)

Several Speedpilots, all MkV for some reason (I see early ones on the market though)

Langwell (as Doug says, an aero counter hooked to a Halda Tripmeter, history to this one too)

Heuer Monte Carlo and Auto-Rallye (of course want a Master Time, preferably with history...)

Several Halda Masters and parts, still no V12 T-gear though, the one I really need

Note that I ran my first rally, the 1998 Ontario Winter Rally, with the only equipment I had at the time: a 1987 Mazda RX7 Turbo with a Twinmaster hooked to a (NOS!) front hub drive and long cable, and a buddy from McGill engineering who did the math well but wasn't so good with motion sickness(!). And then I ditched the car. We ended up sleeping until sunrise on an on-ramp to the 401 pointing back to Montreal so we could get back to school when we woke up.

ACP

·
Registered
339 Posts
ACP - I hope you bought your Heuers early! The prices are going thru the ceiling on these historic instruments. I don't know how many times I could have bought various Heuer clocks for under $500. Nah, that's crazy money! Now I'm priced out of the market ..... :mad:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not Mechanical, but I picked up this Zeron on Craigs List, and would love any info. It appears to be missing the "Power Supply" so if anyone has any info or diagrams on the supply so I could build one.

I also have the remote display!

·
Spectator Wrangler
831 Posts
The Aifab Gemini is back in limited production. Someone bought all the original tooling and has brought them back. An original recently sold on the big auction site for $799- but it did take a relisting (at a higher price) to sell.
A nicer instrument , I think, with 3 readouts. SAAB used to list them in the Sport and Rally catalog. They were a bit shorter (and wider) than a Twinmaster and easier to fit on 70's SAAB dashboards.

·
R6 300 FOC!
1,513 Posts
Marcel in Edmonton has an awesome collection of old instruments, and he knows how to use them all to great effect!

The chances of me ever being able to afford a tripmaster for my '65 Mini is pretty much slim to nil. Could buy another motor or car for the prices they are going for! Just hope I find someone who doesn't know what they have!

W

·
Registered
426 Posts
Found this picture of a 72 Z car entered in the Monte that year. Does it have

anything good in it, instrument wise?

Roger
Just happen to have a 72 Z.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
Cleaning out a closet I've come across some interesting stuff including a gadget labeled "RALLYIST SPLIT TIMER 100" This ring a bell for anyone?

I also found out I own a Zeron 800, a Terretrip 2, a Terratrip 202 and a Terratrip 303. I also have a reasonably beat up but apparently useable copy of Harry Reid's Rally Tables along with a massive collection of printouts that appear to be the same kind of data that Reid's book has but some of the numbers don't appear to jibe.

·
SA @ T
38 Posts
At one point I was trying to collect all the historic rally odos and instruments I could.

Several Halda Masters and parts, still no V12 T-gear though, the one I really need

ACP
V12, eh? Call me when you're in Deadmonton next and we'll talk about this one right here in my hand.

I had no intention of collecting antique rally instruments, but somehow I just happened to acquire a bunch. I already had a Langwell, two Twin's and a Tommy Mk 10, but I guess it really started with the Zeron 770 on Ebay at a "buy it now" price of $150, then went straight into the ditch with the 1969 RoBo Rally, then the Rallycomp which appears to the exact unit pictured on the front cover of Jean Calvin's book. Now, being a home for wayward antiques, I was gifted a Shell 4000 veteran Speedpilot (in its original box) a Joslin and a Zeron 880. The shelf in my office is groaning under the weight of the antiques!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I picked up a 1970 AutoWorld Sports-Racing Equipment catalog on fleaBay. Some scans of the Heuer/Halda stuff:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Those wristwatches with chronographs are apparently quite valuable now. I remember seeing one on Antiques Roadshow a while back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I recently became interested in rally instruments and have acquired a Halda Twinmaster and Kanto Seiki trip meter.

The Kanto though looks different to the one in the first page of this thread. Can anyone give any clues about manufacture period etc?

Also does anyone own the Omori Twin Trip. These look great and I would love to own one some day. Has anyone seen one come up for sale before?

Also lets see more pics of everyones items.

Regards,

Rohin

21 - 40 of 46 Posts