Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just arrived in Brazil for some study abroad, but with my immense lack of knowledge of portugese, I have not been able to find anyone who knows what rallying is down here.

Is there anybody here maybe that know of rallies that have happened in Brazil, or if there is an internet following for such things somewhere? Thanks for your help.

If nothing else, maybe I could head down to Argentina in July...
- Lou Beck #251

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
A quick google search didn't turn up much.

"Rally dos Sertoes Brazil" ... some motorcycle stuff.

In a far away galaxy, long, long ago...
http://sports123.com/aut/wrc-bra.html

Oh well. There are some real hotties in Brazil. Perhaps your can turn your attention to females rather than grease, burned hands, scraped knuckles, and dirt.

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
Oi Yanqui, dos secundos: (Search BRASIL rally)
http://www.webmotors.com.br/wmpublicador/Reportagens.vxlpub?hnid=34604

BRASILEIRO DE RALI DE VELOCIDADE<<<< see? velocity? speed.

Data e local
03/04 - Bento Gonçalves (RS)
15/05 - Curitiba (PR)
26/06 - Bento Gonçalves (RS) sulamericano + brasileiro
24/07 - São Paulo
21/08 - Santa Catarina
11/09 - Minas Gerais
02/10 - Rio de Janeiro
11/12 - Cascavel (PR)

PAULISTA DE RALI DE VELOCIDADE

Data e local
09 e 10/04 - São Simão
18 e 19/06 - Bragança Paulista
27 e 28/08 - São Luiz do Paraitinga
22 e 23/10 - Iracemápolis
26 e 27/11 - Votuporanga

GAÚCHO DE RALI DE VELOCIDADE

Data e Local
05/03 - Erechim
02/04 - Bento Gonçalves
30/04 - Estação
25/06 - Bento Gonçalves
24/09 - Getulio Vargas
22/10 - Severiano de Almeida

RALLY DO DISTRITO FEDERAL

Data e local
26 e 27/02 - Pré Temporada - Rally de Pirenópolis
12/03 - Pré Temporada - Rally do Batom
02/04 - 1ª etapa do Campeonato 2005
14/05 - 2ª etapa do Campeonato
11/06 - Prova Promocional - Rally dos Namorados
25/06 - 3ª etapa do Campeonato 2005
17/09 - 4ª etapa do Campeonato
19/11 - 5ª etapa do Campeonato
12/12 - 6ª etapa do Campeonato

Speaking the Brasilian version of Pork'n'cheese sounds difficult compared to Portogallo Pork'n'cheese, but reading shouldn't present any serious problems.

How are you going to get out and see events?
Better find some cutie pie at the beach to show you the way.
Just amble up with a phrase book and start reading from any random page, and switch pages. Be silly.
Use a thinking cap on your head.
Have a good time.
Search a bit more now that i gave you the spelling and we find
http://www.cronospeed.com.br/2005/automobilismo/rali/brasileiro/etapas.htm

BRASILEIRO DE RALI VELOCIDADE 2005
Ler notícias outros rali em geral
CONFIRA NO MAPA QUE ELABORAMOS ALGUMAS DICAS DE COMO SE POSICIONAR PARA ASSISTIR UM RALI COM SEGURANÇA

REGULAMENTOS 2005
Rali Velocidade : GERAL
Copa Peugeot de Rali : Desportivo Técnico

atualizada em 08 jun > CLASSIFICAÇÃO DO CAMPEONATO
ETAPAS 2005: clique na etapa para ver as notícias do evento.
1ª etapa

Bento Gonçalves (RS)
?Noticias e Resultados
Fotos Vídeos 01/04
2ª etapa

Curitiba (PR)
?Notícias e Resultados
Galeria de Fotos
Fotos de podium 14/05
3ª etapa

Bento Gonçalves (RS)
?Notícias e Resultados
Regulam. Particular da Prova
Adendos: 01 Inscritos
Ficha Inscrição
Cronologia da prova 25/06
4ª etapa

Pomerode (SC) Rali de Santa Catarina 23/07
5ª etapa

Rio das Ostras (RJ) 20/08
6ª etapa

A definir (MG) 17/09
7ª etapa

A definir (SP) provavelmente Indaiatuba 08/10
8ª etapa

Cascavel (PR) 10/12
BRASILEIRO DE RALI DE VELOCIDADE:
"PROGRAMA OFICIAL DO CAMPEONATO BRASILEIRO DE RALLY" esse ano volta a ser produzido pela NERI PRODUÇÕES com direção de Alessandro Neri
RALI DA GRACIOSA : Dom 22/05 19:00 / Qua 25/05 20:00
Sáb 28/08 12:0

Hours of fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As you can tell by the list, most every event is in the South. I imagine you are in Sao Paulo or, Rio. When I was there visiting the South (Santa Catarina-supposed hot bed of Rallying in Brasil), spoke to some Rallyists, mostly club level stuff, good Championship though. All 2 wheel drive vehicles, 10 yrs. ago. Should have changed by now...They do have a South American Championship Round (at least one visits Brasil). Some very good Rally Drivers will show up for that round, including our own California Rally Series competitor, and last years South American Champion (?)-Ramon Ferreyros. Cut his teeth in CRS, while going to school in the U.S. from Peru, went on to win many events in Europe. Say hello! from the States if you see him.

Brasil is incredible, Enjoy!

-Lauchlin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, you guys rock. it´s awesome how much people know on these forums. Actually, I´m in Rio de Janeiro, and I´ll have a couple of weeks of free time once I´m done with classes, I think the real challenge will not be finding a ride out to a rally, but surviving the damn ongoing drug war here. Life is kind of shocking down here, I´m living right next to a favela (aka, very poor area, people packed into shacks like rats) and I´ve already witnessed two very big gun battles. :eek:

And I thought I had to be safe when I rally...

Lou Beck
Car #251

·
Registered
172 Posts
Lou,

If not enough rally action in Brazil, you must check the WRC of Argentina coming up in mid July.
The rally is held in the city of Carlos Paz, in the province of Cordoba (central Arg.) All the legs have great scenery, there are countless ways to get there from Rio and it is well worth the trip.

Jorge

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, obrigado Teresa, I really want to go to Argentina, and if I do it´s going to be crazy becuase I know just as much spanish as I do portugese (none), and I don´t know anyone down there. But it´s still a really good possibility I may go! :)

I think a trip like that would be in the spirit of my first year of rally since I have no idea what I´m doing but I know it´s going to be a blast.

And if I make it all that way, I´ll bet I can get a hat too;)

Ciao - Lou

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>I do it´s going to be crazy becuase I know just as much
>spanish as I do portugese (none), and I don´t know anyone
>down there. But it´s still a really good possibility I may
>go! :)

Lou, drop my a line if you decide to go to Rally Argentina. I *might* be able to put you in touch with some folks to help you out.

Ben
ben at specialstage dot com

·
Registered
678 Posts
Lou,

I grew up in Rio. I left before there was a rally scene (that I knew of at least), so don't have any first hand information, but I can help you with your info search. The link that JVL posted seems to be the best place for info. It has the schedule, and photos and videos of some of the events that have already taken place this year:

http://www.cronospeed.com.br/2005/automobilismo/rali/brasileiro/etapas.htm

to translate, go to http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

the google translation is not great, but might help a bit since you don't know Portuguese. If you run into anything that's completely incomprehensible, just post a question here or email me. As JVL pointed out, they call rally "rali" and our type of rally specifically "rali de velocidade", because the dakar-type cross country rallying seems to be more popular there so when you mention rally, people tend to think dakar style.

According to the updated schedule that I found on a couple of other pages, the Brazilian championship event in Rio is going to be on August 28th, in Rio das Ostras, which is northeast of the city of Rio de Janeiro, apparently a little over a 100 miles away:

http://www.riodasostras.com.br/turismo/comochegar.html

I don't know how mobile you are - maybe you have a Portuguese-speaking friend who would be willing to take you by car or maybe even by bus. It seems that there are some tour bus lines that run between Rio de Janeiro and Rio das Ostras:

http://www.riodasostras.com.br/transportes/

I would not advise taking the trip by yourself without knowing Portuguese.

Good luck and I would love to hear how it was if you get to go.

PS: JVL, your broad language skills are impressive.

PS2: E aí Lauchlin, tudo bem?

edit: I realized that the link that I found was the same that John had already posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I do not know if I will be able to go to the Rio Rally, but I am hoping I will be in São paulo actually on their race weekend, and that is not too far away.

If I do get there, I will share afterwards. Thanks for your help.

Lou Beck
Car #251

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Lou!

If you're in Brasil, who's attending the MR2 up here in Bellingham? Drop me an email and i'll make arrangements for me to drive it around with your name on it one a week for one hour.

I have a good friend in Sao Paulo. On the same reply to the above mentioned dropped-line, i will get you in touch with him. He's crazy. He'll teach you pork'n'cheese, as JVL says, and introduce you to his lady friends that he meets on the beaches. ;)

-Jason
jgrahn555 at hotmail.com

·
400 flat to crest
5,777 Posts
>I have a good friend in Sao Paulo. On the same reply to the
>above mentioned dropped-line, i will get you in touch with
>him. He's crazy. He'll teach you pork'n'cheese, as JVL says,
>and introduce you to his lady friends that he meets on the
>beaches. ;)
>
>-Jason
>jgrahn555 at hotmail.com

There's one word you need to know: Booomba Booomba!!

John Vanlandingham
Seattle, WA. 98168

janvanvurpa (at) f4 (dot) ca

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat!
Vive Le Groupe F!

·
Registered
271 Posts
"There's one word you need to know: Booomba Booomba!!"

Isn't that 2 words ?

:p

Rio is a pretty scary place even in the 80's when I was there. Talk about nice beaches and beautiful women though.

Now that we're on the topic of Brazil, has anyone seen "City of God" ?

http://www.miramax.com/cityofgod/

·
Registered
12 Posts
EXCELLANT MOVIE!! Watched it numerous times. Bazil, what can I say, awesome women. I wouldnt mind having some of them chained in my basement...:eek: }( :9

1 - 16 of 16 Posts