Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to give a heads up to anyone who may be interested in an early Winter trip to Florida for a Rally Festival. The Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park is hosting a Stage Rally on December 6th at our location. We are calling it Rally [email protected] FIRM.

Event Page

The FIRM Facebook page

Some details are still being worked out but what we know right now is it will be a NASA sanctioned Stage Rally held entirely on our property. This is not a points paying event. NASA rules and safety specs for the Stage Rally.

It is a one day Rally, December 6th, with Tech, Registration and course recce on Friday December 5th.

There will be an on site RallyCross event held on Sunday, December 7th so if you don't have a caged car you can come watch the stage rally on Saturday then run your car in the Rally Cross on Sunday.

The early registration price for the Rally is $350 prior to November 6th and $450 up until December 5th.

The price for the Rally Cross will be $50. If you are competing in the Stage Rally on Saturday you can stay and run the Rally Cross on Sunday for $25.

It will be a mix of Sand, Limestone, and Tarmac stages with a mixture of all of the above on most stages. There are no long transits, all courses will be on our property. As of today we have about 75 miles to run.

Your choice if you want to run with a co driver or solo, we will have stage notes available. We will likely have RallyMoto if there is interest in bringing bikes.

If you enter the Rally Cross on Sunday you will be able to do a slow recce of the Rally Stages in your car.

There will be a car show on site Saturday, we would love to have some car clubs come as well. There will be concessions, food, drinks, music, and whatever else we can think of to make it a fun and interesting event.

Our Sister company, ISA, trains elite Military units and we will likely have a bunch of cool vehicles and weapons on site to look over courtesy of our friends at the 20th Special Forces Group.

There will be airplane acrobatics taking place at the airport where we reside.

And last but not least, there will be a TV show on site running the Rally and filming for upcoming episodes. This is what Anders from NASA described it, I will post this as I couldn't possibly say it any better.

The interesting twist is that Ian from Extreme Offroad will be there filming for the "Hocus Focus" rally car build that's been airing on TV. If you haven't seen any of this yet, it's pretty cool: they are building, on national television, a 2WD, naturally aspirated, caged rally car to go rally racing. Actually convincing people that they can accomplish this themselves in their own garage is pretty awesome. I did a Skype interview with Ian and that got aired as well, so discussions like "don't worry about the engine, just get it caged and go race" actually got airtime. Sweet. You can go here and click 'episodes' and look for "Hocus Focus". They show lots of stills of NASA Rally Sport cars from various events, so you might already be have been shown!

http://www.powernationtv.com/shows/xtreme-off-road

So Ian is planning to come down to The FIRM for this December event to do filming for the last few episodes of the TV series. He's been down there once already for some testing. All I'm saying is that if they only wanted their OWN car on TV... they would have filmed that already. ;) They want to finish the story arc with entering an actual competition, which makes total sense. So get signed up to do a little racing after Thanksgiving, and maybe we'll throw in some TV coverage of you for Christmas. :)

I can tell you first hand, Ian Johnson and the crew from Xtreme Off Road are without a doubt the coolest and nicest guys we have ever met, super friendly and they absolutely love Rally racing. The episodes they filmed at the FIRM should start airing soon on Spike TV on the Sunday morning PowerBlock series, take a look.

So that's what we have for now, we invite everyone to come race, watch, look, hangout, and have a general great time. If you have any questions feel free to call or email me directly. [email protected] or call 352-473-0068, or go to our website.

www.gorally.com

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
661 Posts
The interesting twist is that Ian from Extreme Offroad will be there filming for the "Hocus Focus" rally car build that's been airing on TV. If you haven't seen any of this yet, it's pretty cool: they are building, on national television, a 2WD, naturally aspirated, caged rally car to go rally racing. Actually convincing people that they can accomplish this themselves in their own garage is pretty awesome. I did a Skype interview with Ian and that got aired as well, so discussions like "don't worry about the engine, just get it caged and go race" actually got airtime. Sweet. You can go here and click 'episodes' and look for "Hocus Focus". They show lots of stills of NASA Rally Sport cars from various events, so you might already be have been shown!

I hope they have fixed their cage from the last time I saw it!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Very cool!! Hope you guys get a great turnout!

·
You get one life,live it!
1,911 Posts
looks good, nice to see a different state hosting a rally. If shipping was cheap I'd have brought the Mini over from Costa Rica LOL also that TV show is interesting. They should have filmed my Mini build! How to build a class winning rally car in another country, outside with no special tools and all the parts brought in to the country by checked bags! LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to see some of our Facility and Stages that will be used for the Stage Rally and Rally Cross tune in to Xtreme Off Road this Sunday to watch the first episode of Ian at The Florida Rally School.

http://www.powernationtv.com/episode/XO2014-20/hocus-focus-how-to-rally-cross

Ian will be back to the FIRM filming for another episode while running their car in the Stage Rally. Here is a link to our FaceBook page

We hope you can make it down for a weekend of fun, racing, driving, and chilling. It looks like the car show is going to be pretty cool, we will have a Rally Cross on Sunday for those guys without Roll Cages, and I am trying to get the guys from the 20th SF Group to bring enough cool gear to wage a small war.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts