Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please complete all of the Demographic Surveys

Hey Everyone,

Since no one out there seems to know what the exact Demographics of the North American Rally Community is, We here at SpecialStage.com would like you to take twenty seconds to answer the four different polls we have posted.

This information is for everyone to use, so, please be honest and only complete one time.

People wishing to use this information for Sponsorship packages, etc. Please note when you publish this information that it was completed and compiled at SpecialStage.com.

THANKS everyone!!!

Jeff Burmeister
SpecialStage.com

·
Registered
967 Posts
RE: Please complete all of the Demographic Surveys

>Since no one out there seems to know what the exact
>Demographics of the North American Rally Community is,

SCCA's marketing team must have US numbers to work with. Maybe they'll share?

They have the numbers for racing...
<http://www.speedvisionwc.com/competitors/bulletins/03-wc-marketing.pdf>

Jim Culp
prorallypix.com

·
Registered
768 Posts

- They WILL if they think you present a company interested in rally marketing partnership....I got a package with all info.

G

·

so, obstensibly the marketing research was done at the expense of members, who aren't given access to it?

I'm new to all this- can anyone say if that statement is accurate or not? If it's true, it's bothersome. I don't know how many of you guys are SAE members, but I really think they are an organization that gives their membership some "bang for the buck".

thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts

I am looking at the 2002 SCCA ProRally marketing package sent to me by Sean about a year ago.

Fans:
- 87% Male
- 46% in the 35 - 49 age group
- 33% in the 18 - 34 age group
- 60% married
- 45% hold college degree
- 32% professional trades
- 22% executive level

Members:
- Spends >$4k/year on parts ($116M/year market)
- Companies supporting SCCA have2:1 buying preference among members
- >80% internet connected
- SportsCar mag has a >100,000 pass-around readership

(EDIT) I am sure these are copyrighted by the SCCA.

I am sure they have more demo's than this. Call and ask.

·
Registered
408 Posts

So....half the rally fans that graduated from college hold "executive level" jobs?

That doesn't pass the laugh test.

·
Registered
281 Posts

I would like to know the basis of those numbers. Some of us who were once (and some that still are) in the good graces of the PRD got the scoop on numbers, and how "real" they were, as compared to how "real" someone thought they _could be_. Dig a little deeper and you may find out what kind of fertilizer makes those flowers grow...

IF I am wrong, I would love to see some precise numbers, and by what means they were gathered, by whom, and how many people were actually polled. I know some big players in this sport have been asking for something concrete to go after some major dollars, and cannot use the numbers the SCCA provides as they have no real basis...

·
R2- 50...WAIT! Make a left!
258 Posts

One can own or run a business w/o having a college degree. I know one HS-only guy who pulls in 6 figures from the business he started.

Makes me wonder why I paid for all that college edjumicashun...

·
don't cut
2,252 Posts

I tried getting demos last fall, and Kurt said they were about useless. Apparently the last time a study was done for rally was in the late 90's (around 97 or 98 I think). Not exactly the heyday for rally in the US. He told me the numbers are predictably unimpressive, and that anyone seeking money/sponsorship would do better NOT to use them. The SCCA has not given Rally/Solo dept enough money to do meaninful demos since. We should be beating up SCCA National office for not giving money to Rally/solo to do demos. Afterall, we all paid our dues this year, didn't we?

Dennis Martin
[email protected]
920-432-4845

·
Registered
122 Posts
Survey Problem

The results of your survey, while interesting, have a sample problem. You are not sampling everyone that is interested in rally. Your sampling people that read Special Stage that are interested in rally.

Thus I am not sure how useful the information is for potential sponsors. However, it is better than nothing.

Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts