Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be in the wrong forum regarding this topic, but I wanted to get as much exposure to send a message. We need to show to the homeless fire vitims, firefighters and the forestry service of Southern California that we do care what happens to our mountains, roads and the community that surrounds the areas that we have our rallys. If you could send a check (regular, cashiers, money order) to me payble to the American Red Cross and at the bottom of your check put Southern California Fire Relief Fund. I will make sure to send all of the checks at one time to the American Red Cross by going by personally to the local division with a letter showing that we as a rally community do care what happens to our surroundings. I hope to get as many checks as possible to show in numbers how much we care. It will make them take notice of our concern to this tradegy.

Personally, I know of someone that is a friend of mine that lost everything and their precious family pets. They will rebuild, but can't bring back their lovable animals. These are one of the thousands of families that do not have a place to live at the moment. They are living with other friends, but it is nothing like being in your own place of dwelling. So send what you can afford to the address below:

Denise McMahon
11751 216th Street
Lakewood, Ca. 90715

Make sure your check is made out payable to American Red Cross and down below on your check put Southern California Fire Relief Fund. All of the funds will go to making sure these people get back on track again. Also note it is tax deductable...just keep your cashed check or stub to show proof at tax time.

Also note Leon Styles is going to put on a fun run at the Tombstone Park in November to help out as well. So just go to the CRS forum for further details.

Again... thank you and please send your checks ASAP. I will send all checks together and go by the American Red Cross by November 12th, 2003.

I will also tell you how much we brought in as the grand total around that time period.

One more point with this tragedy... again we may not be able to have on November 15th the Treeline Rally because of the closure of all of the LA forestry areas. So put on your raindance hats and pray for rain this weekend. Light rain...so we do not have mudslides.

Thank you,

Denise McMahon
Treeline Rally
Subaru Rim of the World ProRally

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Richard...yes you are correct. There was some competitors and workers that lost their homes or came close to a loss. I mean competitors of all prospective motorsports. There were more than 3,600 homes burned, 20 people died, one was a firefighter and close to over $400 million's or more in destruction. Six firefighthers watched their homes burn to the ground while trying to save other people's homes. Lets help and give what you can give..if it is only $5.00's...hey that would help....
Denise McMahon

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Don for you helping to keep this topic somewhat alive. But get this...no one has donated except us the McMahons...If anything please help by going and donating at the Tombstone Park that Leon Styles is putting together to help raise funds for the fire victims. Go to the CRS forum to see the update on that event. Also, I hope that people have responded to help in other ways...but just remember it could have happen to you. I will extend the deadline until Thanksgiving if anybody is interested. Thank you.

Denise McMahon
Subaru Rim of the World ProRally

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Don!!!!
Yes....do note that some of these firefighters are workers for the California Rally Series and the Search and Rescue teams. These people go out of their way to make sure we still have a place to compete and they enjoy watching the rallys. We need to show our support that we care about our surroundings.
Thank you.
Denise McMahon

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well just me and you Don....Thanks Don for thinking of the people out here...I will be sending yours and the McMahon's checks into the American Red Cross right after the Thanksgiving holiday. IT was a good try... and Leon's chairty ride he got I think $700.00 and that was the drivers in Lon Peterson's car and one other car as well. So Happy Thanksgiving Don and to all out there as well.

Denise McMahon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.