Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
eating dust taking photos
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Brian, Steve and I will be going up to Steamboat next week to meet with the organizers of Rally Colorado to discuss the event and the Colorado Rally Cup.

With this in mind we thought we would try to provide you all with a chance to bring up any questions, concerns, or thoughts regarding the event that you might have.

Feel free to post in this thread or contact Brian, Steve, or myself directly if you wish to keep your questions or thoughts private.

We will be there as part of a regular organizers meeting so our time will be limited but if time permits we would love to provide a conduit for some competitor/organizer dialog.

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce.

i really liked last years parc expose and the last stage that was run had a pretty sweet spectating area.

entry fees are always a major concern.

not that i have a trailer, but are they going to have a place that people can put them overnight?

and of course: RECCE

·
1,806 Posts
recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce, recce.

i really liked last years parc expose and the last stage that was run had a pretty sweet spectating area.

entry fees are always a major concern.

not that i have a trailer, but are they going to have a place that people can put them overnight?

and recce. i can't stress enough how much i would like to see it and how in the future it will probably influence the events that i choose to do.

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about allowances for those of us without enough coeff. points being able to run in Open. ;)

Recce would be cool too!

Dave
Dave,

I have a feeling that something in your case could be worked out (as could it with many of the other people ALA Mike Rose in 2007).

We will do what we can to assist this process but you guys should start contacting Rally-America NOW.

And Mark your request has been noted.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would really love to run Zero car this year. If you guys could find out if they have some one already slotted or not. My car should be fully RA prepped by the end of summer and I would like to get the experience as a novice driver in a Turbo AWD car.

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
Dave,

I have a feeling that something in your case could be worked out (as could it with many of the other people ALA Mike Rose in 2007).

We will do what we can to assist this process but you guys should start contacting Rally-America NOW.
I got an exemption to run the GTX last year based on our finish at Idaho and our 3 years of CHCA...but then the clutch wouldn't hold, and I didn't have enough time to get that figured out before the event. :(

Is Mike Hurst still the go-to guy on these issues, or should I be dealing with the event organizers for the events I want to run?

Dave

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would really love to run Zero car this year. If you guys could find out if they have some one already slotted or not. My car should be fully RA prepped by the end of summer and I would like to get the experience as a novice driver in a Turbo AWD car.

When will your car be turboed?

Do you not plan to enter the event otherwise?

Most of the time it is preferred to have a driver with at least some real stage experience running the 0 car (since at Rally CO the 0 car is not just course opening but they radio in any additions that may need to be added to the notes to reflect current conditions to the start control of each stage).

I believe Steve was the least stage experienced 0 car they have had since 04 and they might be looking to have a more experienced 0 car if they don't already have one.

If you have your HAM license there is the possibility of 00 as well (being a HAM is not required but it helps). Let me know about the license and I can convey you as being interested in a course opening car if you have no plans to enter the event.

·
Can't we go any faster?
486 Posts
How about they give RA the middle finger and allow us to bring our own video / photographers and it all belongs to the CRC, not RA.

And recce.

Honestly, if the CRC is going to be bringing them 15-20 competitors on a silver platter, we should be able to provide our own coverage.

And recce.

I don't care if it is 3 drunk guys strolling through different stages with cameras, if some of us can't participate this year and opt to cover the event, the only roadblock would be RA.

And recce.

Get the orgainizers to get the CRC an exemption for providing their own coverage!

And recce.

·
1,806 Posts
How about they give RA the middle finger and allow us to bring our own video / photographers and it all belongs to the CRC, not RA.

And recce.

Honestly, if the CRC is going to be bringing them 15-20 competitors on a silver platter, we should be able to provide our own coverage.

And recce.

I don't care if it is 3 drunk guys strolling through different stages with cameras, if some of us can't participate this year and opt to cover the event, the only roadblock would be RA.

And recce.

Get the orgainizers to get the CRC an exemption for providing their own coverage!

And recce.
speaking of that, i've always thought that it would be awesome to approach a college and try to get them to do a joint project with the group as a whole by filming and editing. could be useful for rfkac especially if we were able to give them before hand experience at the hill climbs.

but i agree with adam, should some of us not make it and want to take vid or photo's (if for some weird reason i don't make it i know that there would be one photog and one vid guy free) it would be retarded to not take advantage of the potential opportunities. as for all the legal mumbo-jumbo of "editorial use only" and promotional use being prohibited, i believe kevin would be able to express our concerns and thoughts clearly (or clearer than i could).

and recce.

·
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

Guys,

Let me worry about this one.

I am in a much better place to deal with it, but yes, something is in the works. However, more entrants and less people willing to video would be desirable.

·
1,806 Posts
ok, here's one that's ALWAYS annoyed me at this event especially after going to a place like 100AW where it's free and you can do it multiple times:

SHAKEDOWN.

that's right, i don't want to have to pay extra just to know what the conditions are this year and it seems just like another case of the have vs have-nots. it's always always always annoyed me. make it available to all or not at all.

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
ok, here's one that's ALWAYS annoyed me at this event especially after going to a place like 100AW where it's free and you can do it multiple times:

SHAKEDOWN.

that's right, i don't want to have to pay extra just to know what the conditions are this year and it seems just like another case of the have vs have-nots. it's always always always annoyed me. make it available to all or not at all.
regrdless of whether the shakedown costs extra or not, it should be on a road representative of the stage roads. The shakedown stage last year was not even close to similar to the stages North of Hayden.

I'd prefer to spend the extra day doing recce... but would do shakedown if it was covered by the entry fee. actually I'd pay to do it if I knew the road was a proper test venue.

·
1,806 Posts
i'd rather do recce than shakedown, but it's just one of those things that i thought i'd bring up.

·
1,806 Posts
did you wake up in the middle of the night and feel compelled to address this?

2:20 AM on a sunday...
i didn't wake up, i was still up. and yes i was compelled, just like i was compelled to text my co-driver with an idea and e-mail grant with another idea. my best ideas come late at night like: "yes, i'll take another shot", or "she's not that bad looking", or "i bet i can clear that gap".

·
Rickshaw goin the wrong way...
646 Posts
i didn't wake up, i was still up. and yes i was compelled, just like i was compelled to text my co-driver with an idea and e-mail grant with another idea. my best ideas come late at night like: "yes, i'll take another shot", or "she's not that bad looking", or "i bet i can clear that gap".
I've never heard you say "she's not that bad looking" when you're drunk. Did you forget about your reverse beer goggles?

·
L1R1L1/30
102 Posts
From rallycolorado.org:

New for this year will be a one-pass recce for RALLY COLORADO 2008 scheduled for Thursday, September 11th. ... all teams wishing to participate will need to pre-register in advance online…details for this registration and our “Rules for Recce” will be posted on our website no less than one month in advance of our rally date.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts