Special Stage Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey Ben, may not hurt to send some letters to 3M with these pictures.
Especially since you've already got the 3M plaid theme going on.

I say kudos to you two. The true spirit of rally is to find a way to push on until you no longer can (someone official like tells you to stop). You found a way to push on.

Was it the safest? No, but we have all seen pics of navies standing on rear bumpers or riding in engine compartments and said hell yeah! Why? Because that's showing the never say die attitude that we as rally enthusiasts embrace.

Much more inspiring than the playing dead routine, pseudo dnf, that Mr top tier pulled at this event.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Much more inspiring than the playing dead routine, pseudo dnf, that Mr top tier pulled at this event.
Actually the team pulled Travis. He was prepared to set new stage records or crash apparently. I guarantee Travis didn't want to quit, but that's a side effect of driving someone elses car. They did stick around and go stand in the rain with the rest of the spectators on Sunday though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah I realize that. I should have left that Mr. Top Tier bit out but i guess it is showing one of the reasons that I've been enjoying the scratching and clawing of the little guys in rally more and more and paying less and less attention to the more exclusive end of the stick.

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
I don't think I even looked at the National results. All I was paying attention to was regional Open, Open Light, and Group 2.
I was super stoked to see the Focus come down the hill with damage and get a wave from Ben and then come back up the hill with the hatch on the hood!

·
100 hurdle, 50 brick wall....
370 Posts
I guarantee Travis didn't want to quit, but that's a side effect of driving someone elses car. They did stick around and go stand in the rain with the rest of the spectators on Sunday though.
I promise you one thing about travis...........

he dont quit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you mean by they - TP/CE - then good.... as expected !

if you mean by they - vsc - then fantastic - maybe they are starting to enjoy rallying...

61 - 71 of 71 Posts