Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updates, photos and standings from Rally Colorado Day 1 so far. Click Here

*Update: Pastrana Falls to 8th place after huge penalties for hitting chicane elements on the last stage (SS10) of day one.

Be sure to check back regularly as we will be updating all day long.

Rally Colorado Day 1 Updates

More Photos Here

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Standings

End of day one. Unofficially here are how things are looking:

Overall Standings: ACP, Mancin, Block, Conley, Fox

SP Standings: Ken Block, Pat Moro, Jimmy Keeney, Don Conley, Timothy Rooney

2WD Standings: John Conley over Dillan Van Way by 4 seconds. Followed by Matthew Leavitt and Victor Fagan

Light Standings: Tyler Patik, Andrew Morton, Aaron McConnell, Peter Olenick, Gus Bergstralh

For more updates, photos, videos and more check out our day ones following here

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can anyone shed a little light or, even better video, on the chicane stuff that went on? If they didn't want them hit, maybe they should used tractor tires or something made of concrete?

·
Registered
279 Posts
WHat was stated at the drivers meeting this morning was that, the volunteers had enough on their plates without having to pull heavy objects on and off the road.

THe chicanes really weren't bad, imho

·
C.m.f.S.
1,268 Posts
Looks like Dillon and Ben decided to do some on-stage aero modifications after they chose to take the wing off:

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
So Pastrana withdraws to save the car for LSPR? Since the Championship is already in the bag, why is he saving it?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
So Pastrana withdraws to save the car for LSPR? Since the Championship is already in the bag, why is he saving it?
confused by that move too.

·
1973 WRC POR
2,421 Posts
I would guess that VSC is required contractually to field two cars at LSPR. It appears that they only have two left and both are at Colorado. So, why risk a write-off with Pastrana?

·
rally moto and quad guy
842 Posts
According to all his pre-rally interviews, he was gonna drive like a banshee and go for the win. Then he get's a 7 minute penalty and is out of the running. All of a sudden it's time to save the car?

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
I would guess that VSC is required contractually to field two cars at LSPR. It appears that they only have two left and both are at Colorado. So, why risk a write-off with Pastrana?
Maybe because Ken crashed at Ojibwe they didn't have a brand new shell ready for Colorado and by chance Dave couldn't make this rally.

well....he's never been a fan of not-winning
Just because you're not top 3 doesn't mean you just give up to "save the car".

I broke my throttle cable off the pedal on the first day of Sno*Drift on the 2nd stage. Drove the car using my co-driver's shoe lace tied to the nub on the cable for the rest of 2 and still through 3 and 4 until I got to service.

I didn't quit there since I was effectively last place with no way of finishing. I kept going.

Maybe it's just a boo hoo about getting penalties for the last stage on Saturday. Under the stage times the DNF is listed on Friday. Do they not want people to know or something?

·
don't cut
4,075 Posts
I think some people need tin-foil hats. The team withdrew Travis to save the car for the next event. Will Travis or Ken drive that car?

·
ITURNRT
2,061 Posts
Well now looking. Ken DNF'd on stage 17. The rain I heard was pretty bad from videos. Most everyone was talking about driving 60% or so.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.