Special Stage Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who is planning on running the event from Colorado? We are trying to get a handle on the number of entrants. If you aren't planning on it, let me know why. One typical reasons I've heard lately is the need for Head and Neck restraints. If that is genuinely your reason let me know as well.

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
So who is planning on running the event from Colorado? We are trying to get a handle on the number of entrants. If you aren't planning on it, let me know why. One typical reasons I've heard lately is the need for Head and Neck restraints. If that is genuinely your reason let me know as well.
We'll be there if they allow us to enter with a 34mm and let us recce.

Dave

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
Adam and I will be running the COG. is there going to be recce?

Scott

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am planning on running the new car. Head and Neck restraints are going to be an issue as I had not budgeted them into my plans. This brings in entrance fee. Does any one know what it is going to be? I heard the local rally group may be getting a deal of some sort after that meeting that went down a few months ago.

·
Sweat and anger and shame.
1,806 Posts
i am undecided on running. as of yesterday after noon i was set on not doing it, but several guinness later last night and grant having some really good ideas has made me question that decision.

dunno....

·
Mä meen vittu sinne!
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark,
you have to run. I'll cover your housing cost for the weekend.
who's going to co-drive for you? Grant? or is he going to drive?
You have to be one of the coolest people in rally Scott. Nick's going to codrive as I am going to be driving.
Mark's biggest expenses are Hans, entry fee, intercom, and tires. I told him I'd give him six of the Michelin's sitting in my garage. They're used, but in really good shape. I've got an potential idea for getting him a Peltor intercom he can use, just need to figure out head sets. Last is Hans, which I'm sure I had ideas about, but I can't remember them today for some reason.

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
You have to be one of the coolest people in rally Scott. Nick's going to codrive as I am going to be driving.
Mark's biggest expenses are Hans, entry fee, intercom, and tires. I told him I'd give him six of the Michelin's sitting in my garage. They're used, but in really good shape. I've got an potential idea for getting him a Peltor intercom he can use, just need to figure out head sets. Last is Hans, which I'm sure I had ideas about, but I can't remember them today for some reason.
Thanks Grant. let's not get carried away...

great to hear you are going to run the COG!

as it turns out the rest of my season is pending a visit to the orthopaedic surgeon on monday... I might have torn the rotator cuff in my right shoulder...
I dislocated it last week in a mountain bike crash and can't lift my damn arm now! if it's not the rotator cuff I should be able to carry on with driving the rest of the 08 CRC events. if it is torn, that's it - you can't lift your arm or have fine motor control with your arms and hands with a torn rotator cuff, so proper rally driving would be sort of dangerous...

we'll see.

absolutely small potatoes in light of the Conley's situation...

everyone - rubber side down.

Scott

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
as it turns out the rest of my season is pending a visit to the orthopaedic surgeon on monday... I might have torn the rotator cuff in my right shoulder...
I did that to my right arm one night playing sofball...its hard to drive home with one good arm no where near the shifter. Hopefully you've misdiagnosed the issue and its just a case of "Malsom Arm" or "Styles Arm." ;)

Dave

G

·
i am undecided on running. as of yesterday after noon i was set on not doing it, but several guinness later last night and grant having some really good ideas has made me question that decision.

dunno....
Fantastic, now we get 20 more posts of how you can't afford this, that, or the other because you won't go and get a real job.

I suppose it could be worse though, you could go to the event and then bore us with your tales of how if your piece of shit car had differentials or more power you would do better. Oh, and don't forget all the complaining we would have to hear about afterwards of how you can't go 100% because you have to drive your car to and from the event because you're too cheap to by a truck and a trailer.

·
Can't we go any faster?
486 Posts
Next time we're in the car, I'm giving you the Gigi bitch slap.

And I've worked up a contract that you have to sign, basically stating that you can do nothing during the main rally season besides rally and sit in a large pile of declawed and toothless kittens. I think that will assure me that I have a steady driver for at least one solid season.

I'm hoping for a misdiagnosis else Mark just found a co-driver for Cog and I'm taking the intercom....and force you to buy a Hans and let Mark use it..and the trailer. That's the punishment, take it or suck it up and drive. Kinda like a mini divorce until you get better. I get to use everything and you have to sit and get drunk in the corner. :D

·
Left 4 into beachball
1,920 Posts
I suppose it could be worse though, you could go to the event and then bore us with your tales of how if your piece of shit car had differentials or more power you would do better. Oh, and don't forget all the complaining we would have to hear about afterwards of how you can't go 100% because you have to drive your car to and from the event because you're too cheap to by a truck and a trailer.
Bobo - at least he's upgraded those rear drum brakes so we don't need to hear that excuse anymore. Hawk shoes must've been getting hard to come by. ;) I thought you were going to hang out with the CRC at PPIHC...I don't remember running into you...unless you were the guy at the top of the hill waving a red t-shirt around or the one with the bird on your shoulder at Fan Fest.

Dave

·
stay less flat...
777 Posts
Hopefully you've misdiagnosed the issue and its just a case of "Malsom Arm" or "Styles Arm." ;)

Dave
hence the trip to the doc...

if it's not muscular - ie the rotator cuff- I'll be fine for driving.

last time I did destroyed my shoulder it was all cartilage damage and I could function fine - except the shoulder would dislocate in certain positions...
let's hope it's the same problem this time!

if I'm out, all my gear, except my car (Brian you can run my car...) is up for grabs for borrowing.

what am I saying? I'll be running.

later
Scott

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.