Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm working on an update to the rallyclassified.com web site, and I'm looking for some feed back from people on the categories.

Are there categories you think need to be re-vamped or removed?

Are there categories you think need to be added?

Thanks,

Mika Lepisto
www.lepisto.com

·
NASA Rally Sport grassroots!!!
2,835 Posts
How about:

-option to search only within a category

-option to sort list by price (i understand that this would require a UI and DB change)

-a more streamlined page: advertising is fine, but does it have to take up the whole top half of the page? maybe get rid of all the navigation and options on the top and put them on a side bar, leaving only your graphic banner ad on the top

Just suggestions. :)

Cheers,
Anders

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, the whole database and engine are changing. There will be some additional search functions:

- see all ads by the same person
- limiting the search to items added in the last X days
- and, yes limit search to a single category

The page is going to be re-designed also. The banner, ads and top navigation layout right now were kind of just hack-added and it does look like it too. I'm all about cleaning up the look of it.

The photos will are going to change also. There will be one larger one, and the others are smaller. Clicking on them will enlarge them.

A few other features/changes will be:

- emails aren't displayed in the ad (unless you add them in the copy) to reduce spam harvesting.
- "report to admin" function on the ad pages for scam/malicious posts or for miscategorized.

Thanks for the input.

Mika Lepisto
www.lepisto.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Both the old, and the new site have a field where people can enter their city, state & country. The new site, actually lets you click on a "other ads in this country" and "other ads in this city" etc so you can search geographically that way.

Mika Lepisto
www.lepisto.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts