Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Much to my surprise, while paging through my March 2003 issue of Dirt Rider magazine, I found a really large article (seven pages, lots of color, big photos) on Troy Lee's rally ride at LSPR. Dirt Rider is one of the most read US dirt bike magazines. Nice exposure for rally.

Jim Cox

·
Registered
24 Posts
Troy Lee painted the Hyundai cars correct? I come from a downhill moutain biking backround (actually sponsored by Troy Lee last year) and was suprised and happy to hear he had done a rally deal. If you have the specifics, I would like to hear them. Thanks.
Justin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Zach Thompson and his team at Competition Graphics actually produced and applied the graphics to the Hyundais. It is my understanding that Hyundai contracted Troy Lee to do the actual graphic designs for the team, which is stylized to represent the tiburon (or shark to you gringos) Zach has supported Buffum's efforts for many years, and is considered to be one of the top motorsports graphics companies (design and production) in the USA. Doug Shepherd's crazy leopard and frogskin "full wraps", and the new Neon Mopar stuff are examples of Zach's work.

·
3/14=my 42nd rally anniversary
3,979 Posts
>Much to my surprise, while paging through my March 2003
>issue of Dirt Rider magazine, I found a really large article
>(seven pages, lots of color, big photos) on Troy Lee's rally
>ride at LSPR. Dirt Rider is one of the most read US dirt
>bike magazines. Nice exposure for rally.
>
>Jim Cox
>#558

I bought one of the ProRally Hyundai Tiburon P-Car Hot Wheels models for a buck at Wal Mart - How many folks get to buy a model of a car they blew the doors off of (until wrecking out of the class lead)?

;-)

Halley ...
Owner/Driver ProRally #86 - world's first New Beetle Rally Car
RealAutoSport, LLC
http://www.realautosport.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts