Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon Doug... you made some comments on NASIOC referring to the real work just beginning, how about throwing us a bone here?

·
which left?
1,621 Posts
Whgile it would be nice if Doug were to stop in here ans reassure us as he has on NASIOC, he's probably a bit busy to post on every forum that people read.

To Quote him from NASIOC:

"Apparently there is a bit of misconception about what the SCCA press release actually means. They're not killing or abandoning or shutting down anything- they're working with Rally America to finalize the details in handing off Pro and Club rally so they both can continue on in 2005 and beyond. It's a bit premature to speak of exact details as there's a huge mountain of work to be done to get the dust settled on all fronts, but everybody should fully expect that all events including the CRNC will happen. I know I do."

"It was a very difficult business decision for the SCCA to make, but obviously they need to look after all of their programs as well as rally. It is my intention to do whatever I need to do in order to make sure that the sport of rally, which the SCCA fostered for so many years, not only continues, but prospers into the future. It's not an easy task by any means. It's going to be a huge challenge to take care of everybody from the first time rallyist on a shoestring budget through the manufacturers and future sponsors of not only the events themselves, but individual teams as well. But with a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck, I believe it can be done."

"As for competitor fees, at least know that I understand where you're coming from and will be doing the best I can, with the help of a number of other good people, to put forth a program that works for everyone."

"One more thing (expect to see that phrase a lot in the near future ). Don't go get your SCCA membership or Rally License refunded, because they'll be honored by Rally America during the transition period while we get up to speed on all that red tape stuff. Just chill out for a bit and we'll do our best to take care of you."

--
Mark Holden
KC0SUW

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I guess I'll have to watch NASIOC as frequently as SS to get rally info going forward. NASIOC is specific to Subaru Impreza owners, however, which addresses only a portion of the (former) SCCA rally constituents...

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>Is there any more information regarding negotiations between
>the SCCA and Rally America?

I don?t know how I?m going to avoid making this sound like an infomercial, but I just finished a phone conversation with Doug Havir, and I thought I would share some of the things I learned from that call.

It is his intent to continue the sport of stage rallying under the Rally America banner, and he is very much committed to the success of stage rally in the US, both in this transitional period from SCCA and in the long term.

Doug wants to see both national-level and regional events happen as they have in the past; he certainly wants to see rallying succeed both at the grassroots level and at the higher level. He does want to maintain a national series, and also a ClubRally National Championship event (or whatever it may be called now).

It is also his intent for events under the Rally America banner to accept SCCA memberships and licenses until they expire, so people who renewed their licenses are not totally hosed. People can renew their licenses for LSPR and other upcoming events, knowing that they can be used for ?05 events, even if they are not sanctioned by SCCA.

Despite there being similarities, there will also be differences for next year. While there are certainly details that need to be worked out, and it is Doug?s hope that competitors, organizers, and other volunteers will not be inconvenienced by this transition.

I think that this is an exciting time for rallying in the US, and once the shock wears off I hope that everybody will do his or her best for the sport we all love. We?ll still be racing through the forests next year, having a good time with our friends.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ben. That sounds great. I'm totally in support of Rally America and think they will do a fantastic job.

Perhaps a statement is being made in not using this forum to directly communicate what's going on, but I believe there are a lot of folks looking for a little more information.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You haven't heard any more information probably because there is no more information - yet. This has been public knowledge for what - eight hours? How much information would you really expect?

Patience, grasshopper. Meanwhile, we have a ProRally Series AND ClubRally Championships to finish up.

Bruce

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
I've been told information will be coming to us here as soon as it is ready.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts