Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.rally-america.com

It's a one-page wonder, in an ugly green color, with some very basic information on it. If someone wants to volunteer to make it less putrid, have at! I'm artistically challenged and not afraid to admit it. If you post additional questions here, I'll try to work them into the document. We do have plans for a much much nicer web site (that I won't build!), we just wanted to get something up there quickly to handle some of the initial questions.

-Doug

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only thing missing is a contact email address, assuming you want to hear from people that have ideas, suggestions, or concerns. I'm sure this might seem like an invitation for every nut with an axe to grind to take it out on you, but you might actually get some useful ideas.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Doug,

Sounds like your off to a good start. Here's a question:

If RallyAmerica directly operates the ProRally Series for SCCA, and Events are run by private Organizers, who will represent ClubRally participants at combined events?

Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi Doug,

Looks like a good start, there are some positive steps forward such as consistent timing, scoring and registration.

However I'm curious about details regarding the item "Provide consistent guidelines for rules interpretation and enforcement"

How will this new "privately held corporation" provide transparent and accountable enforcement procedures? I think you'll agree this area has caused quite a bit of friction lately, largely due to the feeling by non-manufacturer teams that enforcement decisions are being made behind closed doors. Will Rally America deal with the incident reports, investigation, etc and hand SCCA the "verdict" for action? Will they provide speed guns? Video cameras? Can the SCCA dispute the findings? And will the findings & procedure be available for everyone to look at?

Skye Poier
Seattle, WA

·
Registered
43 Posts
Doug,

Thanks for caring and taking your personal time to help advance the future of rally. Thanks also to those that have been selected (aka, volunteered) to help. I look forward to any improvements you can bring to the series.

Good luck!

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,207 Posts
>If RallyAmerica directly operates the ProRally Series for
>SCCA, and Events are run by private Organizers, who will
>represent ClubRally participants at combined events?

That would be the division ClubRally steward, if nothing else.

Ben

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember there's not going to be a Rally America staff standing around shouting orders at organizers and competitors, the event organizer is going to run the event, with the help of the other organizers and RA. I'm not sure who "represents" ClubRally competitors at combined events now, or if they indeed need special representation other than what's available to all competitors. As Ben noted if there's a ClubRally going on I'd assume there's a ClubRally Steward hanging out somewhere. Is that what you were thinking of?

-Doug

·
Straight At "T"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How we plan on doing it is getting the organizers to operate under the same set of standards for each event. These standards need to be drafted, and will probably be based on the current Rules For Organizers. No, we don't have anything yet... :) The SCCA and the organizers will have to come to an agreement on what the "due process" is for handling penalties, inquiries and so on, then it's just a matter of making sure it happens that way each and every time. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff in the current RFO's, we may just end up clarifying a few points and covering the issue of FIA events vs. SCCA only events.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand it is when an event is both FIA and SCCA (Wild West), you run under FIA rules and only if the FIA rules don't address something do you fall back to the SCCA rules. Anybody else surprised to learn you ran under a rulebook which you've never seen? (I didn't run under it for very long though! :)) That's one area I want to learn about from a personal standpoint.

-Doug

·
Registered
583 Posts
Doug & Ben,

Yes, that does answer my specific question. Thanks.

ClubRally Stewards for each Division will be afforded the opportunity to represent and advocate ClubRally interests at combined events.

(Please correct any improper nuance in the above statement.)

Best regards,
Rich Smith

Vive le "Pro-le-Ralliat"

·
Registered
36 Posts
There's plenty of reasons I can imagine to have a public email address for Rally America. Not everyone wants to have their words dissected on a public forum.

If you don't have time to answer mail, perhaps you can find someone who is willing to be the "email secretary" for the group.

I'd appreciate a chance to talk privately with one of the RA folks; please drop me a line if you have the time.

edit: DCH responded privately, thanks.

·
Slid'n around 'n havin a ball
2,953 Posts
funding idea

"earned the right to seek sponsorship funding in order to continue to provide valuable resources"
---
Doug,
I've noticed since starting ralling that my nose hair has been growing like crazy. Is this old age or a recessive gene getting stimulated?
There are more older rallists (JB, SB, etal) staying competitve well past the decline of other sports figures. Could this be due to the filtering process?
I think someone who could write a grant proposal to the right school and the right department and could submit it without breaking down in an uncontrollable giggle could fund a number of teams for however long it would take to get reliable data.
I'd like to be included (as its my idea) but I couldn't submit it properly.
This could be a big break for our sport in general and certain individual teams, any other thoughts?
rz

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>ClubRally Stewards for each Division will be afforded the
>opportunity to represent and advocate ClubRally interests at
>combined events.
>
>(Please correct any improper nuance in the above statement.)

More correctly:

It is the ClubRally Steward's responsibility to represent and advocate ClubRally interests at combined events.

...and everywhere else, as well. That's why they pay us the big bucks...

Bruce
CenDiv ClubRally Steward

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
>Careful, Bruce. If "They" find out how much fun you're
>having, "they'll" cut your pay.

Half of nothin' is still nothin'...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts