Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it going to be Rally America vs. NASA?
I sure hope not!
I hope we can have one set of rules, safety and classes nation wide. I am ready to volunteer to help any way I can.

·
Administrator Emeritus
1,253 Posts
It appears that everything that was "SCCA" rally is now going to be "Rally America" rally.

Dividing us up is not the best way to do this.

Until RA shows me that they are not taking the best interests of the sport in mind, I'm going to support them fully.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I support RA but have the same concern. How this for an idea. NASA does the club/divisional type events and RA does the Pro/National events. But all withcthe same set of rules. Give that one some thought.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
We have had competing sanctioning bodies in the past. We have them now. A rally is a rally is a rally. If you are doing it because it's fun, it shouldn't matter whose name is at the top, or what "class" you wind up in. If you are looking for a championship, a whole 'nuther set of considerations come into play. If you are organizing a rally, the choice of sanctioning body becomes a meshing of philosophy and support. There are issues of workers, and what they will come out for; there are myriad other issues, both large and small, which drive the decision of a committee where to place their 1000s of hours of volunteer work.

I have my personal feelings regarding this, but I support the efforts of any organization that works to continue and further our sport. I do know from up close experience that Doug Havir and the entire RA crew are dedicated, hard working folk who actually have the best interests of our sport as their driving force. I have no doubt the motivations of NASA are the same.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
>A rally is a rally is a rally.

I agree and that's fine if they have the same set of rules. But if there's more than 1 organization, the odds are there will be differences in rules and that becomes nothing but a big pain to worry about meeting both set of rules. Even in the "CARS accepts SCCA as long as you bring along the rule book", I got bit this past year. The less number of organizations the better. Even for workers and organizers (although not as critical as for entrants).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts