Special Stage Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOLY CRAP. If you head to CNN.com right now and look through their list of most popular videos today, there is a video on there from Rally America about Women in Rally!!!!!

You should watch the video through CNN.com so that they can maintain the popularity count and the video can remain in the Most Popular ranking. But, I downloaded and saved the ASX file seperately if you can't find the link on the CNN.com website. You need to Right Click and Save As the following link:

http://www.rrlrallyesport.com/Downloads/Documents/CNN.com - Women in Rally.asx

-or-

mms://wmscnn.stream.aol.com/cnn/sports/2005/07/12/natpkg.women.rally.drivers.affl.ws.wmv


Way to Go Rally America!!!

-Ryan


EDIT: Added second link for direct viewing and for Macintosh users
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have Windows Media Player 9+ or compatible installed? If so then the ASX file should play just fine. I would go to CNN.com and view it through their website, if the download link isn't working, just to make sure that you have the proper software installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
>Do you have Windows Media Player 9+ or compatible installed?
>If so then the ASX file should play just fine. I would go to
>CNN.com and view it through their website, if the download
>link isn't working, just to make sure that you have the proper
>software installed.

I am on Mac but I have WMP 9. Your link goes nowhere, I get a blank page

Did not work for me on CNN either x(

Edit: got the CNN link to work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>>Do you have Windows Media Player 9+ or compatible installed?
>
>>If so then the ASX file should play just fine. I would go
>to
>>CNN.com and view it through their website, if the download
>>link isn't working, just to make sure that you have the
>proper
>>software installed.
>
>I am on Mac but I have WMP 9. Your link goes nowhere, I get a
>blank page
>
>Did not work for me on CNN either x(
>
>Edit: got the CNN link to work

So, did you follow the directions in my post and save it to your computer first?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
>
>So, did you follow the directions in my post and save it to
>your computer first?

Yes

I believe ASX format is incompatible with Mac
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
Stig is so smooooooooooth.....

It is poetry to watch his steering wheel even though it is only a few seconds.

Go Stig!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
>>
>>So, did you follow the directions in my post and save it to
>>your computer first?
>
>Yes
>
>I believe ASX format is incompatible with Mac

That definitely could be. I will have to fire up my Mac G3 with OS X 10.3.9 when I get home and check it out. I wonder why it will stream through CNN.com on the Mac but the ASX file cannot be loaded directly.
 

·
eating dust taking photos
Joined
·
3,740 Posts
The .asx codec is incompatible with WMP for macintosh in most cases. Has to do with the interface and the streaming type. Old .asx files still work for me with WMP9 on 10.2.8 or now on 10.4.2 (btw widgets kick butt).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
>The .asx codec is incompatible with WMP for macintosh in most
>cases. Has to do with the interface and the streaming type.
>Old .asx files still work for me with WMP9 on 10.2.8 or now on
>10.4.2 (btw widgets kick butt).

I know, I am a Unix/NeXtStep/Linux geek from a while back, and OS X is what Unix should have been decades ago...Beautiful GUI with Unix/BSD underneath. I'm just waiting for the Intel versions of the Mac to come out for sale, then I'm switching to Mac full-time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
678 Posts
Very nice. It looks like RA retaining M360 for marketing is starting to pay off. I wonder if this clip has been on the CNN TV channel as well, or if it might be soon depending on the popularity of the web clip.

If this is any sign of what RA's TV show on OLN will be like, we might be in for a treat! :)
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top